GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DCA and unfair charges - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA and unfair charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA and unfair charges

quick question.

a DCA buys debt, the debt has £800 in charges ie: mainly charges for letters.

now if the DCA has purchased the debt they also by law take on those extra unfair charges ?

i would class £25 charge to send a letter unfair ? so by rights/law the DCA should remove them and/or pay back those unfair charges

Re: DCA and unfair charges

Originally posted by Treepiary View Post
    quick question.

now if the DCA has purchased the debt they also by law take on those extra unfair charges ?

i would class £25 charge to send a letter unfair ? so by rights/law the DCA should remove them and/or pay back those unfair charges
    DCA buys £3000 debt......he pays between £3oo/£4oo for it you offer £350 to start and see what they say.......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

quick question.

Sounds like Shop Direct and Lowells/Capquest to me ?

SnV
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

better still i could offer £0 and say " i may not be here next year i am living on borrowed time "

no this is Rockwell, aka tessera aka etc etc etc, so many companys under one roof, and a very small roof at that, google street view is wicked )

mind you they have not phoned for over two months because of my health problems and the threat of lawyers banging on their door if i passed away because of constant harassment.

i just think if they own debt they are accountable for the unfair charges levied on the debt and the miss selling of the debt.

asked for £1200 told no can only take £4000.

Comment

better still i could offer £0 and say " i may not be here next year i am living on borrowed time "

no this is Rockwell, aka tessera aka etc etc etc, so many companys under one roof, and a very small roof at that, google street view is wicked )

mind you they have not phoned for over two months because of my health problems and the threat of lawyers banging on their door if i passed away because of constant harassment.

i just think if they own debt they are accountable for the unfair charges levied on the debt and the miss selling of the debt.

asked for £1200 told no can only take £4000.
          How old is this debt and have you sent a CCA request to Rockwell? From memory, if a sold debt consists of unlawful charges, then the (alleged) balance itself would be incorrect upon sale... which I assume is what you mean.

Any issue of unlawful charges should need to be taken up wih the original creditor... but you really need to CCA Rockwell first to see what they have.

Last edited by PriorityOne; 22 February 2012, 18:43.
          Remember the mantra:
          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

did ages ago.

got statement off account showing charges to account for admin costs.
            the CCA was not countersigned by anyone from company, no terms and conditions on cca and/or on a second page.

only 5k left to pay off. infact they been very nice no in way of no calls. few days after heart attack they phones about being in arrears, they like to put the payments up higher, i told them NO, they argued, i said take me to court let us see a judge decide, they said erm we would rather settle this now.

they own the debt ie: tessera aka rockwell aka a few other companys on the letetr it says:

owed to our client : tessera portfolio management
            clients ref number : *********
            original lender : Lloyds black horse ltd ( lloyds finance )

no they have never adminted and always start with in regards to the lloyds money owed on phone.

i am going to play them for a while, then once i am more fitter in mind an soul have it out with them once and for all, as i also think i was miss sold the loan in first place. i was in their office for around 4hrs, 1.5 hrs spent waiting for the boss to say yes or now to the 1200, the answer for a 1.5hr wait was no only this much could be loaned, sign here here an here thats done pay us the 1200 you owe us for the product, and thanks. they phone me two days later to get the first inital final 1200 payment in full from the 4000 they said i had to take.

before then i had only ever had a savings account, no dd cc etc etc, a virgin to money/and plastic cards+loans
            Last edited by Treepiary; 23 February 2012, 19:16.

Comment

honestly Treepiary, keep it in writing, better for your health as well as giving you a nice paper trail should you ever need it.

Comment

i do i have, cards posted through my door saying phone this number as delivery was missed/parcel etc etc. tracking number leads to them lol. i have a few of these card that i dated the day i got them. thought it was a scammer type thing but found on internet what dca's did/do

letters, threat letters the lot. i hoard it all from them.

Comment

I have a very nice filing system, each creditor has their own wee file and everyting goes in.

Comment

did ages ago.

got statement off account showing charges to account for admin costs. Rockwell's charges? You can delete these straight away...
                    the CCA was not countersigned by anyone from company, no terms and conditions on cca and/or on a second page. Sounds like it could be UE then... have you emailed it to Niddy? If not, then you need to. You still haven't said how old this debt is.

only 5k left to pay off. infact they been very nice no in way of no calls. few days after heart attack they phones about being in arrears, they like to put the payments up higher, i told them NO, they argued, i said take me to court let us see a judge decide, they said erm we would rather settle this now. Yea... I bet they would.

they own the debt ie: tessera aka rockwell aka a few other companys on the letetr it says:

owed to our client : tessera portfolio management
                    clients ref number : *********
                    original lender : Lloyds black horse ltd ( lloyds finance )

no they have never adminted and always start with in regards to the lloyds money owed on phone.

i am going to play them for a while, then once i am more fitter in mind an soul have it out with them once and for all, as i also think i was miss sold the loan in first place. i was in their office for around 4hrs, 1.5 hrs spent waiting for the boss to say yes or now to the 1200, the answer for a 1.5hr wait was no only this much could be loaned, sign here here an here thats done pay us the 1200 you owe us for the product, and thanks. they phone me two days later to get the first inital final 1200 payment in full from the 4000 they said i had to take.

before then i had only ever had a savings account, no dd cc etc etc, a virgin to money/and plastic cards+loans
                    With all due respect, if this is UE.... then they could be playing you. Email the CCA through to Niddy and then you'll know exactly where you stand.

Last edited by PriorityOne; 23 February 2012, 21:10.
                    Remember the mantra:
                    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                      I have a very nice filing system, each creditor has their own wee bucket and everyting goes in.
                      IFYPFY.

You must have some excellent, nitrogenous compost by now.

Comment

been a bit rough over last couple weeks.

the debt is old pre 2006 and the changes.

the unfair charges had been applied by lloyds before debt was sold on

sent niddy a copy way back, but what i gather is because it is signed by myself it is valid. and has all the other needed parts except a countersigned sig.

today i sent them a payment, but expect a phone call from them. they said i was £20 behind in arrears so i paid it off. today i only sent the £10, when they ring they getting told to run and jump of a cliff, £10 a fortnight or nothing at all.
                        i would love to stand infront of a judge and give him my side of the story. i could see him/her telling rockwell to go jump also.

lets wait and see if they call, i have my mobile ready to record the convo now so am covered by all corners.

Comment

can you resend me a copy please.... cover letter, agreement and terms.

Thanks
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

no terms, no cover note, no this debt been passed onto.

all i have is a cca and a statement of account. will take a while to dig it out of the tons of stuff i have been sent.

Comment

Working...
                            X