GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Freezing interest on a Shop Direct Group Account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freezing interest on a Shop Direct Group Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing interest on a Shop Direct Group Account

Hi all

Just some quick tips if you are planning on going onto reduced payment plan or a DMP with SDG (Littlewoods/K&CO/Very/ISME) or NDR

Reduced payments or self managed DMP
    Have an SOA ready, they will ask for incomes and outgoings. They will not freeze interest, If you ask they will say no. I see this is a cause for a lot of stress. You would need to go to the CAB, CCCS/Paypal/National Debt line or Fee Paying DMP provide and ask them to write to Credit support with the proposal.

With a DMP provider
    Ask them to write asking to freeze the interest and come to an agreement on the administration charges

Hope this helps!

Re: Freezing interest on a Shop Direct Group Account

Originally posted by Flowerpower
    There are lots of people here dealing with such companies without the need to submit SOAs. Only a judge has the right to ask for an I&E statement, certainly not a catalogue company.

And you don't need to go to CAB, CCCS or Payplan. As for Fee Paying DMP managers, that should be TOTALLY OUT OF THE QUESTION! Why pay for something you can do for free?

Have you read through the threads on this site? Plenty of people successfully dealing with catalogue companies without the need for any outside organisations!
    If you want interest freezing you would need to have seeked advice from a debt charity or CAB.

Comment

Maybe so but we don't encourage repayment to SDG based on a high percentage of their cca's being 100% defective.

I'd rarely suggest a dmp with anything from SDG - they always mess up on paperwork.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorry I appreciate you may have some involvement within the SDG however the fact remains any firm that is lax enough to accept random orders and send goods then a month or so later send an "agreement" that omits all prescribed terms and thus directly contravenes the CCA(1974) doesn't even deserve the time of day in my book.

They then try and make unjust threats to intimidate and scare thus directly breaching OFT guidelines on debt collection and also more seriously breach the underlying principles of retaining a consumer credit licence.

They then try and "pass off" a blank agreement as a true original and quote carey v HSBC but all the while they forget that carey only clarified what can be used as a recon. It did not grant carte Blanche to fabricate nonsense and suggest a customer signed it when they know full well they never pursued return of the evasive agreement that generally got sent with the first order.

Ergo not only is the whole SDG group dodgy but also very easy to beat based on the fact they know (as well as I know) that they ain't got a leg to stand on.

Not having a pop at you. Just declaring a few "facts".

Sorry - mini rant over
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by d.edna View Post
          If you want interest freezing you would need to have seeked advice from a debt charity or CAB.
          Sorry, but what you are saying is simply not true.

The entire Shop Direct group are idiots, and half the time the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing, but it is perfectly possible for someone to get interest frozen without going to a debt charity.

I am not sure from whence you got this piece of misinformation, possibly the company themself, but it is most definitely untrue.

Comment

Here we go...Jon water and oar....
            Regardless of how good or bad shop direct are (I have no experience) there are some very very very clear guidelines from the OFT which I have if anyone needs them. It states claerly that you should be treated equally regardless of if you use a free, fee paying or DIY debt management plan. So for example when the Halifax told me they would not discuss my mortgage arrears until I had been to CCCS I should have had their bollox for earrings, alas i didn't know at the time..and to be fair it was a woman on the phone

Comment

a CC once asked me to seek a debt advisor, i told them no, im an accountant, i can perfectly handle my own affairs, they had nothing to say to that.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                So for example when the Halifax told me they would not discuss my mortgage arrears until I had been to CCCS I should have had their bollox for earrings, alas i didn't know at the time..and to be fair it was a woman on the phone
                So you have the equivalent for ear muffs.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  So you have the equivalent for ear muffs.
                  Or a new pair of tobacco pouches if you are that way inclined.

Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                  Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Working...
                  X