GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Question re: default - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question re: default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question re: default

Hiya, hoping someone can just clarify something for me! I was on a DMP but then I took really ill and wasn't able to work anymore. Eventualy my debt with RBS was written off. However, I've been trying to get all my financial paperwork together when I can and I noticed that my default notice from RBS was in 2011, yet they didn't register it until 2012 - are they allowed to do that?

Their response has been that it was because they issued a default notice before they accepted DMP and because I didn't keep up, they then registered it, but I would have thought they would have had to issue a new default notice with more accurate information? (i.e. the amount of my default notice is completely different from my default balance, the default balance is £500 less and I never paid that much to them in that time frame, very confusing!)

I just wanted to check the circumstances, to make sure it had all been issued correctly as it just didn't make sense to me that they registered the default over a year after original notice!

Thanks for any help and advice in advance!

Take care,
    Lou

Re: Question re: default

They must default within 3-6 months of non receipt of contractual payments.

So can you please confirm;

1. Date you last paid the normal amount as per statement?
    2. Date of default on CRA?

thanks....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the reply

1. I need to SAR them for statement, but going by Noddle credit report, the payments seemed to stop in February last year (going by balance history) Will try and see if I have anything on laptop to confirm
      2. The date of the default is 31st October 2012! Balance history doesn't seem to support that as there were regular deductions of £31 (my DMP) until Feb 2013

Will have a rummage around my documents, see what I can find to confirm when last payments made.

Thanks so much for your help
      Lou

Comment

Ok so I made every one of my DMP payments bar Dec 2012 as there was a problem with my money being delayed and some other circumstances, paid again in January 2013, but stopped DMP in February when my illness became worse and that changed my finances completely. Think I need to go back to them to query this...Lou

Comment

Working...
        X