GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Remove a Default (if possible) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove a Default (if possible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove a Default (if possible)

I had a default to RBS for roughly £800, in 2008 I paid this of at £400. The account is now settled but there is a delinquent balance marked against it.

Is there any chance of getting this removed?

Re: Remove a Default (if possible)

Originally posted by wizzywig27 View Post
    I had a default to RBS for roughly £800, in 2008 I paid this of at £400. The account is now settled but there is a delinquent balance marked against it.

Is there any chance of getting this removed?
    Did you negotiate a F&F with the lender/dca? If so, then not now - however if you still have the DN please mail it me and then i'll check it for you for defects....

You have an email from me so reply to that mate!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Did you negotiate a F&F with the lender/dca? If so, then not now - however if you still have the DN please mail it me and then i'll check it for you for defects....

You have an email from me so reply to that mate!
      Alright mate, they offered me the final settlement, literally paid it and they sent me out notification the debt was now clear!?

Comment

Alright mate, they offered me the final settlement, literally paid it and they sent me out notification the debt was now clear!?
        can you email me the DN? If you never agreed to terms mate then not much you can do, usually a settlement would contain parts like this (ie you'd demand it prior to paying):

a) The Default Notice will be removed
        b) The Status of the account will change from “Defaulted” to “Settled”
        c) The Current Balance will appear as £0.00
        d) The Default / Delinquent Balance will be set to £0.00
        e) There will be no date in the “Defaulted Date” field (as it will be removed)
        f) There will be no date in the “Date Last Delinquent” field on the report
        g) This will apply to all 3 Credit Reference Agencies, namely Experian, Equifax & Call Credit
        If you never sent a letter with those elements in then the default will be staying!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

can you email me the DN? If you never agreed to terms mate then not much you can do, usually a settlement would contain parts like this (ie you'd demand it prior to paying):

If you never sent a letter with those elements in then the default will be staying!
          Looks like it is staying then fella

On another note, if I have a default which states:

Defaulted on: 04/08/2005
          File updated for the period to: 14/05/2006

does that mean it will fall off on the 4th August 2011?

Thanks

Comment

Yes mate it'll fall off on 11th august (approx)...

Comment

Yes mate it'll fall off on 11th august (approx)...
              excellent, that is a biggie!! roll on August!

also, what can I do if I have emails from Cabot advising an account is accepted as fraudulant (spoke to you about this over on MSE mate) - cabot removed from current address, but still on old address?

Comment

excellent, that is a biggie!! roll on August!

also, what can I do if I have emails from Cabot advising an account is accepted as fraudulant (spoke to you about this over on MSE mate) - cabot removed from current address, but still on old address?
                Was it taken out at the old address? If so then that could be why it is there, but that will create an incorrect link so you need to request removal again by sending a copy of the email and remind them to remove it from the linked previous address as it is still having an adverse effect on you. If they refuse to then you can take action (Libel) and get upto £5k compo per offence if it causes you loss and/or serious derogatory terms in respect of the libellous data being present.....

Comment

Working...
                X