GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Default notice sent but never received - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default notice sent but never received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default notice sent but never received

Hi,

I have have an issue with Barclays Bank plc that I have detailed in this post:

Default notice sent but never received - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Since I haven't yet had any constructive replies I wondered if you guys could help. Any advice would be incredible.

Thanks in advance

Re: Default notice sent but never received

to be honest there really isn't much

you were in default

so the issued a default to you and marked your credit file

it will now be marked as satisfied but will remain there for 6 years from the date of the detault.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but it is the unvarnished truth of the situation.

if it's any consolation it will start to look not quite as bad to creditors after 3 years.

I'm afraid this is a hard lesson, banks in general are not in the least lovable especially if you owe them money, which on your own admission, you did.

Comment

That is sad news. I would have thought they'd at least have approached me for the money. It further saddens me that they seem to have us on a legal tightrope which they can pull away at any time for absolutely no reason and get away with it. They never once mentioned that my overdraft was a problem, and if they had, I would have set up a payment plan to return the money and they would have retained my business.

It is sickeningly immoral that they will happily ruin someones life over the sake of a phone call and there's no legal procedure there to protect us.

Power corrupts.

I wonder if Canada would have me...

Comment

banks is banks

there is a whole other world of disgraceful behaviour to be explored if you slip into debt, never imagine they are concerned with service levels, it's the money every time and they don't give a toss about your life.

Comment

As an aside.. Why does anyone have an overdraft?

Comment

usually because the bank offers......................and it fine as long as you can afford to clear it if they ask..............which they can do at any time.

Comment

Or don't ask...

Comment

The only slight suggestion i can make is to SAR them to see if there is a notice in the paperwork that you should receive

As you have paid it you cant attempt a F&F to remove it so thats a no-go unfortunately.

If no notice is in that bundle you may have a slim chance of getting them to remove it but i'm not gonna lie here likelyhood is below 5%
                I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

For the benefit of anyone lucky enough to have not paid their debt and to have arrived at this thread first, what is F&F?

Comment

Full and Final Settlement

Basically you write to them offering a % of the debt for example £1000 debt offer them £400 to settle the debt with removal of the default from the credit files with all 3 agencies

Equifax
                    Experian
                    Call Credit
                    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

They don't do such deals. That's also admitting the debt hence resetting SB.

Not wise

McGuffick v RBS is the case law. If the account was in breach of its terms the lender can apply a default. However the main problem is that they have to abide by the ico guidance on default issuance meaning they need to do it AFTER a minimum of 30 days since payment due date and BEFORE 6 months of same date.

Is this the case?
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by simondaskew View Post
                        I wonder if Canada would have me...
                        They probably would, your Credit score and file here is irrelevant there so...

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                          They probably would, your Credit score and file here is irrelevant there so...
                          They'd take Fred West FFS!
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X