GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot do not want to provide details of DN - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot do not want to provide details of DN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot do not want to provide details of DN

I have a Default registered against me by Cabot Financial

It was originally registered by Barclaycard prior to them selling the account to Cabot

Cabot do not want to provide details of the default preferring to say

[the default entry was registered by Barclaycard ... upon assignment of your account to Cabot, Barclaycard's entry was removed, and replaced with an identical entry in Cabot's name]

Can Cabot refuse to provide these details to me when the default is in their name?
    Quotes from the Bank of England website about 'Quantitative Easing'.
    Instead of lowering Bank Rate to increase the amount of money in the economy, the Bank supplies extra money directly ...
    This does not involve printing more banknotes. Instead the Bank pays for these assets by creating money electronically and crediting the accounts of ...

How to I apply to be Quantitatively Eased?

My UE diary is showthread.php?t=640

Same DN showing as owed to two companies

I have a Default registered against me by Intrum Justitia

It was originally registered by Barclaycard prior to them selling the account to Intrum Justitia

On two CRA reports this default is in Intrum Justitia's name

However, on a third CRA this default is in Barclaycard's name

How can the same Default be registered by two companies?
    Instead of lowering Bank Rate to increase the amount of money in the economy, the Bank supplies extra money directly ...
    This does not involve printing more banknotes. Instead the Bank pays for these assets by creating money electronically and crediting the accounts of ...

Comment

Re: Cabot do not want to provide details of DN

Hi Q.E

Welcome to AAD!

To keep both of your queries together, I've merged both topics into one.

Defaults aren't my speciality 2 but I'm sure someone with a bit more knowledge will be along to help you soon!

Whilst you're waiting, you're more than welcome to read through this thread, it might contain some info that you may find useful

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=38
      Made by God...Improved by the Devil
      Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

OK if you want to merge them I'll go with it as it is your forum

However, I do think that they are two different questions that will require separate answers / threads

Comment

Quantitatively Eased,

We run a friendly site amd I happen to think that the tone of your post is unjustified.

Yes, they are 2 seperate question, however, starting 2 threads at the same time was not necessary, there is absolutely no need for the hostility.

Angelic

Comment

Q.E if a debt is assigned then the new owner can, and does, add a new default using the original default date. So long as the dates and details (ie amounts) match then there's nothing you can do. However if the details differ you can request removal as they only get one pop at getting it right....

Please try and relax, it's everyones forum and I don't think there was any need for two threads as they are related, same question, different lender.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Same DN showing as owed to two companies

Originally posted by Quantitatively Eased
              However, on a third CRA this default is in Barclaycard's name.... How can the same Default be registered by two companies?
              I presume it's call credit that shows the incorrect details? To be fair it's not uncommon an neither is it unlawful as a default can be registered by anyone appointed by the original creditor...

Therefore, you can complain and the cra will update the registrant who will amend the entry. It's pointless arguing, is what I'm kinda saying.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Angelic - I can not apologise enough - my typing does not reflect the voices in my head - which were looking for a friendly way to acknowledge your merger - whilst trying (not politely enough) to explain that I compartmentalise everything - I could say that I've probably got OCD - but really I'm just tactless

I see that you are correct and they are similar questions that have been answered very quickly and efficiently by Niddy

Many thanks to both of you

Have a good weekend and sorry/thanks again

(Edited for grammatical error)

Comment

Now we've got that cleared up, we can get back to [size=5]playing games[/s] more serious issues.

Feel free to join in if you wish (you'll find us in the general chat section) viewforum.php?f=22 or post a hello on the newbies chat thread viewtopic.php?f=74&t=669 - we don't bite, honestly k

Comment

Hey no problem and thanks for posting back. If you provide more background etc we can see if there's any other way we could help, ie do u only have 2 defaults or is this part of a bigger picture of debt?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X