GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Strange search by APEX - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange search by APEX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange search by APEX

Hi guys

While going through my credit reports, I found this very random search by a company called APEX. I dont recall applying for anything around that time and all my defaults I have held since 2005 so surely it wouldnt be related to any of them as all 3 are satisifed.

The search was made on my mothers home, I have moved away over 5 years now and my other addresses are there in full view on my report. The search appears on my Equifax report but not on experian or call credit reports.

The search is as follows:

Date
    25/05/2010

Search Reason
    Outstanding Debt

Company
    Apex

Heres the kicker though...... Nothing has happened! Not one letter has came to my mothers house. It is more than possible letters would be going to one of the other addresses I suppose as they are student digs and so on.

Would it be safe enough to ignore this just?

Re: Strange search by APEX

Yep ignore it. It's a chaser search that they do periodically.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
      Is there any info i can read more about these types of search? I mean are they after me for money or is it them after someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Viglen
        Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
        Is there any info i can read more about these types of search? I mean are they after me for money or is it them after someone else?
        Its called a tracer search - I haven't got the time to spell it out, but put simply once a year DCA's go through their books and do a general trace search against anyone they have not caught up with, this means a more manual involvement so they sometimes land a search on a person that is innocent of the account, in which case raise a notice of dispute with the CRA and the search will be removed. As you aint going for any new credit, why does it bother you so much?

They stay for 2 years as well, not the usual one year. See my credit ref thread for full details here: ---> viewtopic.php?f=48&t=48
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

[quote=Never-In-Doubt][quote=Viglen][quote="Never-In-Doubt":2vifvbmm]Yep ignore it. It's a chaser search that they do periodically.[/quote]

Is there any info i can read more about these types of search? I mean are they after me for money or is it them after someone else?[/quote] Its called a tracer search - I haven't got the time to spell it out, but put simply once a year DCA's go through their books and do a general trace search against anyone they have not caught up with, this means a more manual involvement so they sometimes land a search on a person that is innocent of the account, in which case raise a notice of dispute with the CRA and the search will be removed. As you aint going for any new credit, why does it bother you so much?

They stay for 2 years as well, not the usual one year. See my credit ref thread for full details here: ---> [url="http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=48"]viewtopic.php?f=48&t=48[/url][/quote:2vifvbmm]

It doesnt bother me now you've explained it better lol

With all the media hype around companies chasing people up for debts from 10+ years ago out of the blue or in some cases charging the wrong people entirely surely you could fogive me for being slightly worried that someone has searched my credit report that i dont recognise with no reasons other than outstanding debt given.

Comment

Fair point matey - but don't worry, if that happens we'll still be here (hopefully have 10,000 users by then lol)....

Comment

I Love the site so far, the knowledge is well laid out compared to other places LOL

Cheers mate

Comment

Working...
              X