GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Advice Needed Please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice Needed Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Needed Please

I had a loan in 2003 which defaulted in 2005 for 6k ish after all the charges.

In 2008 a doorstepper turned up and i foolishly signed a SO for £40pm which i have paid till now.

Now the default has gone from credit files and i have no adverse credit on there.

However i have no idea who i am paying and the bank can't tell me and i reckon i was sent 1 statement by the company a couple of years ago.

I have stopped the SO to see if they contact me so i know who i am paying.

Are they likely to damage my credit files again?They never showed any of the payments made and the balance owed still was the same figure as the default 1 at the time the 6 years elapsed.

At the end of the day if the debt has to be paid then so be it but don't really want to be paying for another 9 years to someone that i don't even know is entitled to collect.

Looking to move house this year so don't want to mess my files up again.Any advice would be greatfully received.

Re: Advice Needed Please

Anyone?

Getting worried that i perhaps shouldn't have stopped the SO now and will finish up with a ccj without my knowing.Not sure how it all works.

Comment

Thanks for reply.

OC was black horse last payment to them was oct 2005 never heard from them again.

Bank can only tell me that payment is made to a nat west account and thats it.

Nat West won't speak to me because i don't have account with them.

Bank sent me original SO form that doorstepper made me fill out it says robinson hall on it. I did receive a statement after the first 12 months and i can remember it said tessera portfolio on it? different company.

When i asked the cra why the payments were not on there they said they would speak to BH and they came back to me and said files were correct.

I then questioned the date of default with cra and they came back and said that BH were wrong and altered the date slightly but the next week all traces of the debt were gone.

So i was left with these payments to god knows who for another 9 years.

Comment

Is it Robinson Hall or Robinson Way? Can't quite remember but Robinson Way was born out of a somewhat scandalous demise of something else and the combination of two outfits. They are merely debt collectors, a DCA. In which case I think we will need to pull them up a little sharp in their tracks. The OC should have been providing you with annual statements of account as a MINIMUM anyway as payments were being made to the account. The Robbin' Dogs won't have purchased the debt in Absolute or it is most unlikely.

regards
        Garlok

Comment

Sorry my mistake.Robinson way and co.

Have heard nothing from OC since 05.The only statement i rceived was a year later but not from OC or robbin gits.

The credit files said that at the time they disappeared that I still owed BH and balnce was the same as default

Comment

Originally posted by becks View Post
            I had a loan in 2003 which defaulted in 2005 for 6k ish after all the charges.

the default has gone from credit files and i have no adverse credit on there.

Are they likely to damage my credit files again?
            Hi Becks

Just to reassure you that 1 debt = 1 default so they should not default you again. Once the six years are up - that's it - gone from your credit files. It is important that you keep any copies you have of your old credit files showing this debt, and the original default date, just in case they try to default you again.

If they do try this there are template letters available to get the new unlawful default removed.

It may be the case that the original loan was sold to Tessera Portfolio from BH and was being managed by Robbin Dogs.

Please don't panic, IF anyone writes to you about this just post up a summary of the letter and we will help you out.

MK
            One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
            Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Working...
            X