GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Defaulted debt with outstanding ccj now gone to Moooooooorcroft - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defaulted debt with outstanding ccj now gone to Moooooooorcroft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defaulted debt with outstanding ccj now gone to Moooooooorcroft

Hi Nid/others.
    Not sure if you remember?, but I had an Egg account with a pretty small balance(under £1400). I had successfully got a ccj against Egg in July 2010 which they failed to acknowledge and completely ignored. I never took it further and I stopped paying in Jan this year as I just cant afford it, Egg have finally terminated. Now have Moorcroft sending letters(they dont have my new number).
    Can I officially put this account in dispute on the grounds that the balance is wrong or they failed to pay the ccj thats directly connected to the account or similar?.
    The ccj was about £250-300 I think but if you take into consideration the contractual interest and the 8% on that since then + the fact there have been even more charges, its a big chunk of the total balance. I know they are unlikely to take legal action but can I just point out my position and are they likely to take any notice?.

Re: Defaulted debt with outstanding ccj now gone to Moooooooorcroft

Originally posted by BigCraigJohn View Post
    Hi Nid/others.
    Not sure if you remember?, but I had an Egg account with a pretty small balance(under £1400). I had successfully got a ccj against Egg in July 2010 which they failed to acknowledge and completely ignored. I never took it further and I stopped paying in Jan this year as I just cant afford it
    Did you not even try to use section 5 of the Debtors Act 1869 (link) to send their CEO to gaol?

Comment

Unfortunately that was slightly beyond my knowledge

I guess I just thought id keep it in my pocket.

Comment

Right had a letter in a brown envelope, not sure if its a scare tactic given that brown envelopes tend to be from the big boys or if things are just a bit tight round Moorcroft way but its headed an "Appointment notice", makes no sense whatsoever but basically they want be to ring and arrange a visit or pay them £60 a month.
        Is it time to put something in writing?, ive had no contact with Egg since about january and the default came around august of this year.

I was thinking off offering an appointment at £30 an hour but I think that might aggravate however do you think a £100 full and final pointing out the unpaid ccj and how bad this may look in the press, hassling someone while all the time having an unpaid ccj against them.

I realise they are unlikely to take any action but it would be nice to get a debt out the way.

1 thing though, the ccj was actually against Egg and this debt is now Barclays so is the ccj still against egg or would it of been passed with the debt?

Comment

Right had a letter in a brown envelope, not sure if its a scare tactic given that brown envelopes tend to be from the big boys or if things are just a bit tight round Moorcroft way but its headed an "Appointment notice", makes no sense whatsoever but basically they want be to ring and arrange a visit or pay them £60 a month.
          Is it time to put something in writing?, ive had no contact with Egg since about january and the default came around august of this year.

I was thinking off offering an appointment at £30 an hour but I think that might aggravate however do you think a £100 full and final pointing out the unpaid ccj and how bad this may look in the press, hassling someone while all the time having an unpaid ccj against them.

I realise they are unlikely to take any action but it would be nice to get a debt out the way.

1 thing though, the ccj was actually against Egg and this debt is now Barclays so is the ccj still against egg or would it of been passed with the debt?
          I still can't stop laughing that you got a CCJ against Egg for unlawful charges - sorry but that is classic - respect mate

Have you considered getting in a HCEO to "visit their premises"?

Ok, the CCJ stays with whoever you registered it against, if they've sold the debt as part of Barclays package you have a new fight with Barclays, the Egg CCJ is a separate issue altogether!

Is this actually SB or just default removed? ie when did you actually last pay into it?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Last paid about a year ago or so, cant be totally sure.
            Its defaulted, terminated etc.
            Will be enforceable as its a 2008 agreement, Moorcroft do know im brassic though as it was them that put me on the 600 month written agreement with Lloyds.

Comment

Last paid about a year ago or so, cant be totally sure.
              Its defaulted, terminated etc.
              Will be enforceable as its a 2008 agreement, Moorcroft do know im brassic though as it was them that put me on the 600 month written agreement with Lloyds.
              a 50 year payment plan? Yea right - that'll work

Muppets, they really are
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                a 50 year payment plan? Yea right - that'll work

Muppets, they really are
                Yoda, you really are not.

Here's a thought, though - if they are muppets, does that mean that each is operated by someone who has put a hand up a muppet's jacksi?

Comment

Do you know what would be funny-- Getting another DCA to call them lol.. Or ask moorcraft how much for their services.

Comment

It would be good fun to totally confuse Moorcroft by telling them that there is a slight problem in that Egg have sold Barclays a debt that has the wrong balance due to the incorrect charges, as evidenced by the CCJ That will put their tails into a complete spin! Bit of luck they will reduce the amount owing by the charges, you will get money + interest from Egg and will be able to clear the entire balance at no real cost to yourself
                    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

See if they start action. Good enough reason to get strike out

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        Yoda, you really are not.

Here's a thought, though - if they are muppets, does that mean that each is operated by someone who has put a hand up a muppet's jacksi?
                        afraid not, no room for hands up there, their own heads occupy that space!
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Signature removed by site-admin. Please PM Niddy if you have any questions about why it's been removed.

Meany

Comment

Working...
                        X