GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Moorcroft DCA help required... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moorcroft DCA help required...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorcroft DCA help required...

Hi Guys first post on here.

Received letter from Moorcroft DCA letter of Intended Litigation. Replied stating that the outstanding balance stated in their letter was inaccurate and did not correspond with the figure on NEXT Directory Statements.

Also requested the following documents to be sent to me.

FULL details of the alleged Debt.
    * Details of the 'Goods' and/or 'Services' I was provided with.
    * HOW the amount you claim I owe them was arrived at.
    * A Statement of Account.
    * Copies of any and all Signed Agreements from your original Creditor.
    * A copy of the 'Deed of Assignment'.

You are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original Creditor or not under Section 189 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 within 14 DAYS from the date of this letter.

23 April 2011 Moorcroft replied saying that the account was on hold until they investigated the matter with NEXT Directory. Failed to provide the required documentation within the 14 days.

Wrote to NEXT and Moorcroft asking who should receive the DMP payment from CCCS for the month of May 2011. Moorcroft responded asking for a personal plan outlining what I can reasonably afford to pay. What should I do now considering they have failed to provide the documentation I requested.

Any help is much appreciated.

Mikon

I want to know what I should do now regard

Re: Moorcroft DCA help required...

Originally posted by mikon View Post
    Hi Guys first post on here.

Received letter from Moorcroft DCA letter of Intended Litigation. Replied stating that the outstanding balance stated in their letter was inaccurate and did not correspond with the figure on NEXT Directory Statements.

Also requested the following documents to be sent to me.

FULL details of the alleged Debt.
    * Details of the 'Goods' and/or 'Services' I was provided with.
    * HOW the amount you claim I owe them was arrived at.
    * A Statement of Account.
    * Copies of any and all Signed Agreements from your original Creditor.
    * A copy of the 'Deed of Assignment'.

You are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original Creditor or not under Section 189 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 within 14 DAYS from the date of this letter.

23 April 2011 Moorcroft replied saying that the account was on hold until they investigated the matter with NEXT Directory. Failed to provide the required documentation within the 14 days.

Wrote to NEXT and Moorcroft asking who should receive the DMP payment from CCCS for the month of May 2011. Moorcroft responded asking for a personal plan outlining what I can reasonably afford to pay. What should I do now considering they have failed to provide the documentation I requested.

Any help is much appreciated.

Mikon

I want to know what I should do now regard
    Are you already defaulted with this account or is it showing as late/arrangement to pay - what?

The normal route would be to cease repaying, however this depends on the answer you give above.... In the meantime do not send any payment for May, until you respond to the above regards to account status (ie defaulted or whatever).

Cheers
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Are you already defaulted with this account or is it showing as late/arrangement to pay - what?

The normal route would be to cease repaying, however this depends on the answer you give above.... In the meantime do not send any payment for May, until you respond to the above regards to account status (ie defaulted or whatever).

Cheers
      My understanding is that we have defaulted on this account. NEXT seem to be ignoring our request for information and Moorcroft like I say have responded. I am just annoyed that Moorcroft are requesting the money when I have not had sight of any documentation stating that the account was being transferred to a DCA.

I have asked Moorcroft for the relevant documentation but they have not provided it within the given timeframe.

Should i write to them informing them that I am now referring the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman? Moorcroft claim to be acting on behalf of NEXT?

Any help offered is much appreciated.

Regards

Mikon

Comment

I would look to complain formally to the relevant bodies, or issue a SAR to Next which will then get everything you need to successfully prove that the info/amounts etc are all incorrect.....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X