GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Link Financial fishing at my Mum's address - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Link Financial fishing at my Mum's address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link Financial fishing at my Mum's address

Hi All,

Sorry to encroach on this thread, If it is a hijack I apologize and staff feel free to move it.
    I have today received two of these letters.
    The strange thing is that they have been sent to my elderly mothers address who no longer has the same surname as me.
    I have no idea how they would have got her address apart from I had to order a new cashpoint card from my own bank (co-op) and had it mailed to her address as I had lost my house and I had no permanent address. I have returned these letters as not known at this address. My mother is concerned that someone will start knocking on her door looking for me. I have had dealings with link in the past but never at my mothers address. It is true to say that I defaulted on my mortgage as a result of my wife contracting a chronic illness and me having to give up work to care for her. We are living in temporary accommodation at the moment supplied by the local council but very few people know where we are. We are not hiding but rather waiting for the dust to settle after our house was repossessed.
    Any advice or idea's please ?

Thanks

Alan.

Re: Link Financial Outsourcing ... Plz help

Hi Alan and Welcome

It's unlikely that someone will come knocking at your mother's door. Link have had one of my enforceable debts for the last 2 years and no-one has coming knocking at the door (hope I'm not tempting fate!)

IF (and It's a big IF) someone does come knocking, just tell them to go away. Debt collectors are NOT bailiffs and have no rights to be on your (or your mother's) property.

If you receive anything else from them just let us know.

BTW we're not staff - staff get paid
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Link Financial Outsourcing ... Plz help

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      BTW we're not staff - staff get paid
      I know all about that one. I mod on a website also.....
      Thanks for your reply, It's just that it's difficult at times trying to reassure an 80 year old... But I will show her your post when she visits me on Sunday.
      Do we just ignore these letters or send them back ?
      The way I traced the sender was to google the PO box number on the reverse of the letter.
      I am also very curious as to how they would have traced me to her address ? I have never given her address to anyone other than my own bank. Oh well.... I have a good answer here thank you very much.

Comment

Re: Link Financial fishing at my Mum's address

Hi Alanjohn,
        Posts moved to your own thread as pm'd.

Link will have got your Mum's address from the credit reference agencies, as when you asked the Co-op to send your cards there the Co-op will have updated your credit reference with the new address as a matter of course.
        If you've notified the Co-op of your current address they'll update the CRA's with that too, unfortunately.

The debt collectors run searches on the CRA's to locate people in debt...they're not always too fussy about who they contact, if it's a similar name.

(This is why we don't routinely advise people to check they're credit records as on other forums, as in some circumstances it can bring out many skeletons from the cupboard, if they've moved on).
        You say you've had dealings with Link before...are they contacting you for the same debt, and if so what was it, and for roughly how much?

I'd agree ignore for now, but you need to keep an eye on the content, as debt collectors are quite fond of issuing court claims to known previous addresses in order to get a CCJ by default.

Shep x
        Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 7 July 2012, 07:48.

Comment

Re: Link Financial fishing at my Mum's address

Bump with regards of any update!
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X