GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DCA's not passing on the money - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA's not passing on the money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA's not passing on the money

Right then.
    Now Niddy please don't shout at me
    If you have a debt that is with a DCA and you pay them, but they don't pass that money on to the owners of the debt and this went on for 6 years would that then make the debt UE.
    I was reading this on another site by one of my favourite men over there

as long as the payments ARE going off the debt.

in many cases DCA's buy debts, and pocket the winnings you pay them
    they never come off the debt, so it goes SB'ed.

thats why you should never believe any paperwork a DCA sends you.

SAR the OC, get the TRUTH upon where your money IS going.

payplan or CCS or any fee taking dmp never do any checks upon IF the creditor
    they are paying through a dmp is ENTITLED to get the money or if the debt even still legally exists.

dx
    The whole thread is here
    @Experian_UK Who owns my debt ? cca does not state dca

I wonder if Andrew Stone is the same "I'm dead str8 me" yeah right Andrew Stone megastar from pineapple dance studios. God I do watch some crap on the telly.

Re: DCA's not passing on the money

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
    Right then.
    Now Niddy please don't shout at me
    If you have a debt that is with a DCA and you pay them, but they don't pass that money on to the owners of the debt and this went on for 6 years would that then make the debt UE.
    I was reading this on another site by one of my favourite men over there

The whole thread is here
    @Experian_UK Who owns my debt ? cca does not state dca

I wonder if Andrew Stone is the same "I'm dead str8 me" yeah right Andrew Stone megastar from pineapple dance studios. God I do watch some crap on the telly.
    NO.....
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

What does that mean@IN2D?

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
        What does that mean@IN2D?
        you asked a question
        Answer-------No

Statute barred debt is debt which in certain circumstances becomes unenforceable in court. The piece of legislation which sets out these circumstances is the Limitations Act 1980. So when a creditor comes chasing you for an old debt you can use the following information to access whether or not your debt is time barred.
        How long can a creditor chase a debt?

This is dependent on the type of debt you have. The most common form of debt which people ask about in our forum is unsecured debts eg credit cards, personal loans, store cards, catalogues, bank loans, finance company loans etc. The Limitations Act 1980 states that when the following conditions are met then the debt cannot be pursue through the courts.

The conditions are:-
        • That the creditor has not taken court action against you, eg CCJ, AND
        • You have not made any payments on the debt over the last 6 years,AND
        • During the years, you haven't written to the creditor acknowledging that owe them money.
        As you can see all three conditions must be met in order for the debt to be "time barred". So the answer to the above question is 6 years.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I told you I am thick and maybe I should have used the expression SB instead of UE. But in summary if you are paying a DCA that is acknowledging the debt even if they don;t pass it on. Therefore it would not become SB.
          So assuming that I have summed that up correctly, thankyou and I will go and sock it to my favourite

Comment

Thank you FP (hic)
            PS still alive and well

Comment

Working...
            X