GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DCA's 'Losing' Payments - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA's 'Losing' Payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA's 'Losing' Payments

Hi All

As many of you know, I have been on a DMP now for over 18 months and have been dealing with my creditors directly.

I have noticed on several occasions that creditors (especially DCA's) seem to 'lose' payments and then rather than look internally at where the payment may have disappeared, blame the debtor and threaten further action etc.

My most recent experience is here

So the reason for starting this thread is to see who else has experience of creditors losing payments?

Is this as common in the DCA 'industry' as I seem to think it is?

How many people have been taken to court, with the creditors justification of 'a payment arrangement was in place where the debtor didn't make payments'?

Normal rules apply here - send everything by royal mail, with proof of delivery and then KEEP this proof.

My experience is that creditors will quickly scurry back under the rock they crawled from when challenged with evidence. I even had Lowell try to push blame back on me when they realised their little scam had been caught out!

Wonder if anyone else experienced the same?

Best
    SnV
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: DCA's 'Losing' Payments

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
    Hi All

As many of you know, I have been on a DMP now for over 18 months and have been dealing with my creditors directly.

I have noticed on several occasions that creditors (especially DCA's) seem to 'lose' payments and then rather than look internally at where the payment may have disappeared, blame the debtor and threaten further action etc.

My most recent experience is here

So the reason for starting this thread is to see who else has experience of creditors losing payments?

Is this as common in the DCA 'industry' as I seem to think it is?

How many people have been taken to court, with the creditors justification of 'a payment arrangement was in place where the debtor didn't make payments'?

Normal rules apply here - send everything by royal mail, with proof of delivery and then KEEP this proof.

My experience is that creditors will quickly scurry back under the rock they crawled from when challenged with evidence. I even had Lowell try to push blame back on me when they realised their little scam had been caught out!

Wonder if anyone else experienced the same?

Best
    SnV
    Hi SnV,
    On checking a "FRIENDS" dmp with payplan it emerged 13 months payments were missing from an account, no moans from dca tho, it seems the OC used different collections agencies, whilst payplan sent the correct payments to whoever they were suppose too, the new agency who were asked for a statement showed a higher balance than expected, so the culprits (westcot) seems not to have passed on the payments. Told by payplan to contact OC to see if they received said payments from westcot. Will post up the outcome.

Comment

barcs has sold my account to cabot saying i had not made payment
      on checking with bank it appears barcs had closed the account and returned the payments to my bank
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
        Hi SnV,
        On checking a "FRIENDS" dmp with payplan it emerged 13 months payments were missing from an account, no moans from dca tho, it seems the OC used different collections agencies, whilst payplan sent the correct payments to whoever they were suppose too, the new agency who were asked for a statement showed a higher balance than expected, so the culprits (westcot) seems not to have passed on the payments. Told by payplan to contact OC to see if they received said payments from westcot. Will post up the outcome.
        Hi Helmsman

Thats pretty shocking! The OC was in breach of OFT guidelines by using more than one DCA, though nothing surprising there. They usually farm them off down the chain. I've had dealing with Wescot, not to be trusted in the slightest!

Wescot are also in breach of OFT guidelines for not passing on payments promptly to the OC.

Your friend should make a complaint to the OFT on this one.

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
        barcs has sold my account to cabot saying i had not made payment
        on checking with bank it appears barcs had closed the account and returned the payments to my bank
        Slick!
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Working...
        X