GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Santander passed to Robinson way - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santander passed to Robinson way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santander passed to Robinson way

Any advise please, I had a Santander credit card which I took out in 2009, I defaulted in 2011 not paid a penny since, today I received a letter from Santander to say that in accordance with our rights your account and the balance has been sold to hoist portfolio Holding 2 ltd on 15/10/14. Also today I receive a letter from Robinson way debt collectors asking me to contact the to find a solution to clear the debt. Should I contact these people to arrange to pay this back or what should I do?

Re: Santander passed to Robinson way

if it were me i'd ignore for now ......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you Deepie, I posted this post originally in the wrong place, but I can not delete it can you try please lol I posted it the rules forum, don't ask me how my brains not in geaqr

Comment

Originally posted by floppy29 View Post
        Thank you Deepie, I posted this post originally in the wrong place, but I can not delete it can you try please lol I posted it the rules forum, don't ask me how my brains not in geaqr
        No worries ....it's gone ...lol
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
          if it were me i'd ignore for now ......
          I agree with Deepie "for now". Wait for the next letter to stall for time.

But bear in mind that this account was opened in 2009 so sadly it is unlikely to be unenforceable

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

But bear in mind that this account was opened in 2009 so sadly it is unlikely to be unenforceable
            Sadly, I think you meant enforceable PlanB.

Comment

I think that's what PlanB meant!

just a word of warning; Santander have got rid of a load of stuff to hoist and Niddy warned that they like court, so don't ignore!

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                Sadly, I think you meant enforceable PlanB.
                Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post

just a word of warning; Santander have got rid of a load of stuff to hoist and Niddy warned that they like court, so don't ignore!
                Not how I read it.

PlanB said it was UNLIKELY to be UNenforceable due to the opening date

Comment

I was always taught double negative equals a positive

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                    Not how I read it.

PlanB said it was UNLIKELY to be UNenforceable due to the opening date
                    Ooops.

Comment

I was always taught double negative equals a positive
                      Only works with Maths - doesn't seem to work with my bank account thought. If I am -£1000 and I take away another £1000 surely I should be £2000 in credit!

Anyway, we're diverging from the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

yes I know that's why I wondered if I should reply and acknowledge the letter to sort something out

Comment

ok thank you

Comment

I have recieved another letter today from Robinson Way enclosed in this was a customer financial statement, this is regarding my Santander credit card, should I respond to this and offer payment .

Comment

Working...
                            X