GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Letter for Landlord - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Letter for Landlord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter for Landlord

abcdefg
    Last edited by patchouli; 5 February 2014, 11:37.

Re: Letter for Landlord

If you opened the letter by mistake and haven't thrown away the envelope then I suggest you put it back in the envelope and re-post it marked "Return to Sender - Gone Away". Because that's the truth.

That debt relates to a CCJ and charging order from 2007. It's possible that Howard Cohen who are in-house solicitors for Lewis (the DCA to which they refer) have recently purchased an old debt and are trying to trace the person's current address. The contents of that letter might not even be true.

A charging order secured against the property will have no impact on you as tenants whatsoever. It's for a relatively small amount of money so there would be no Order for Sale. It appears there hasn't been any action for over six years so I doubt they'll be any now. Either way it's none of your business - and I mean that in a good way

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
      I opened them all and my heart lurched as I read one and then *phew* realised it wasn't for me at all and I had mistakenly opened a letter for the Landlord (whom I thought was Mrs but it suddenly says Miss?).

Am now wondering what all the 'terms' used mean
      There is a term in that letter which I can explain to give you even more peace of mind. It refers to the CO being registered against your Landlord's "beneficial interest" in the property. This implies that she was once married and the property is/was in joint names. So this CO is in fact a Restriction which means the debtor cannot ever force a sale.

That explains why you thought she was a Mrs and now it says Miss. Perhaps she got divorced recently.

Comment

Ahhh ok cool...
        Last edited by patchouli; 5 February 2014, 11:37.

Comment

Lewis were recently purchased by Hoist Group. HC is the inside mob across the desk. Of the 3 offices Glasgow is already in consultation and the rumour is all the Lewis debt collectors are not going to have such a happy new year. Shame for them. NOT.

Presume they are all scrabbling around trying to make lemons look like melons to impress the new Viking owners.

Comment

OOhh good!!

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
              Lewis were recently purchased by Hoist Group. HC is the inside mob across the desk. Of the 3 offices Glasgow is already in consultation and the rumour is all the Lewis debt collectors are not going to have such a happy new year. Shame for them. NOT.

Presume they are all scrabbling around trying to make lemons look like melons to impress the new Viking owners.
              That's such a shame! I wonder if my £1 a month will help any of them
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

And our zero payments on a Mayhew Debenhams card

Comment

Working...
                X