GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Overcoming bad credit - improving credit score - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overcoming bad credit - improving credit score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overcoming bad credit - improving credit score

With a mortgage, 2 different bank accounts and a credit card from another bank running in credit and a report newly clear of defaults, when should I see my credit score start to climb?
    Last edited by julian; 2 November 2016, 00:57. Reason: IE

Re: Overcoming bad credit - improving credit score

I don't know but I would think that if you make your payments on time it should start improving soon.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

done that and on some CRAs static for long time now - all a bit of a farce - and some ask money to get your score up - capitalist basxxxxx.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

My last default cleared and my score leapt to excellent! I think it depends on which CRA that you use.

Comment

Thanks for the views. It does seem to be a lottery. My Credit Score on Noddle (sorry Niddy) has gone down (???) a few points, still in Poor to Very Poor. I do not feel like contributing to their profits to improve it, so I will wait patiently. After all I have sat out 8 years in hell to get here.

Let's live in hope.

Comment

And, sometimes your score can be shown as excellent but they still show something negative that you can't find

Comment

I now have at least one very good credit score. Strangely, when I attempted a Clearscore account was only good, as I not have enough credit.
              C'est la vie.

Comment

Working...
              X