GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How to get CRF corrected? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get CRF corrected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get CRF corrected?

Hi All,

Following a F&F settlement of my Capital One credit card in June, my CRF is showing the account as settled in the 'Date Satisifed' box - (albeit it does have a partial settlement marker also). However, the Current Balance and the Default / Delinquent Balance boxes are still showing the amount that was outstanding before I made the F&F payment?

Does anybody know if this is correct - the account was never in default so are they allowed to show an amount under the Default / Delinquent Balance section? Shouldn't the Current Balance be showing nil?

Any thoughts on how I can get Cap 1 and / or the CRF to show the correct info?

Thanks

Re: How to get CRF corrected?

Originally posted by Lakeside1 View Post
    Hi All,

Following a F&F settlement of my Capital One credit card in June, my CRF is showing the account as settled in the 'Date Satisifed' box - (albeit it does have a partial settlement marker also). However, the Current Balance and the Default / Delinquent Balance boxes are still showing the amount that was outstanding before I made the F&F payment?

Does anybody know if this is correct - the account was never in default so are they allowed to show an amount under the Default / Delinquent Balance section? Shouldn't the Current Balance be showing nil?

Any thoughts on how I can get Cap 1 and / or the CRF to show the correct info?

Thanks
    The way it should read is as follows:

Click image for larger version

Name:	CRF.png
Views:	1
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	1384676

So as you can see, the delinquent balance should be £0 and the date should show settled on the date you made the F&F...

To rectify just send proof of F&F to the DRA and request they update the record accordingly - however it's as good as a default, ie lenders do not treat settled accounts any different, cos scoring takes into account you never paid the full balance as per the agreement, so you're a higher risk thus likely to be refused credit.

However sub-prime stuff should not be a problem with a settled marker...

Good luck
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy,

Would sending proof of the F&F to the CRA constitute a notice of correction on the file? I seem to remember reading somewhere in forum that NoCs are not good things to have?

Cheers

Comment

Thanks Niddy,

Would sending proof of the F&F to the CRA constitute a notice of correction on the file? I seem to remember reading somewhere in forum that NoCs are not good things to have?

Cheers
        No a NOC is when you leave trailing text against a disputed entry, you're not doing this - what you're doing is actually arguing the info is incorrect and requesting it be fixed - a NOC is for instance what I have with my HSBC complaint with the FOS, they defaulted me within 24 days of missing a payment into a bank account (ie a load of bollocks) so I refused to settle until the FOS dealt with things - anyway, point is I have NOC text telling lenders to ignore this bullshit entry as it'll be removed in a matter of weeks.... it will, HSBC just don't know it yet

So, in your case the CRA will see the proof of F&F and clear the entry to reflect the correct changes, ie balance = £0.

You will struggle for credit regardless, why are you worried about NOC? A NOC only means a lender cannot decline you automatically, ie they must refer it for manual assessment so if you apply online you'll never get auto accept or auto reject, everything will refer.

As you have derogatory data, you're likely to get auto declines across the board as well, so really credit aint a good idea to be honest.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          You will struggle for credit regardless, why are you worried about NOC? A NOC only means a lender cannot decline you automatically, ie they must refer it for manual assessment so if you apply online you'll never get auto accept or auto reject, everything will refer.

As you have derogatory data, you're likely to get auto declines across the board as well, so really credit aint a good idea to be honest.

I've applied online for and was automatically accepted for a credit card with a mainstream lender since all this went through. Didn't cause any issues whatsoever.

Comment

I've applied online for and was automatically accepted for a credit card with a mainstream lender since all this went through. Didn't cause any issues whatsoever.
            so you don't have any defaults etc then?

Point is, it's easy to fix your mistake - just write in to the cra's and they'll adjust the entry but as you've just confirmed, it has no effect on you so great - don't lose sleep over it....

Comment

Thanks again Niddy.

Correct - no defaults; only adverse is the partial settlement marker which doesn't appear to have pulled the wheels off.

Comment

Thanks again Niddy.

Correct - no defaults; only adverse is the partial settlement marker which doesn't appear to have pulled the wheels off.
                One of those will have no bearing on you, sorry I presumed you had other defaults and therefore a F&F / Partial offer would have made no difference.

If its an older account, ie +3 years then it'd be ignored anyway, whether you get the entry updated or not....

Comment

hello all

i have a few wrong entries on my credit reference - a catalogue called jd williams? it shows lots of defaults on 6 differenct accounts and i have written and asked them to give me details of the alleged accounts etc but they have provided nothing.

any ideas how to go about this would be greatly appreciated.

all the best
                  minnack

Comment

Originally posted by MINNACK View Post
                    i have a few wrong entries on my credit reference - a catalogue called jd williams? it shows lots of defaults on 6 different accounts and i have written and asked them to give me details of the alleged accounts etc but they have provided nothing.

any ideas how to go about this would be greatly appreciated.
                    SAR the buggers.

Comment

Working...
                    X