GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How frequently are the CRAs updated? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How frequently are the CRAs updated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How frequently are the CRAs updated?

Hi all,

Does anybody know if companies are duty-bound to update CRAs within a certain timeframe?

Reason I ask is, I have 2 credit cards with RBS lenders (Mint and Tesco). I paid the full balance off my Mint card in May and closed the account and paid a chunk off my Tesco card, but their last update on Experian is showing as 5th June and still shows my May balances.

I know it doesn't make much of a difference in the long run, but certainly if I were applying for credit today, £3k incorrectly showing on my borrowings would affect my chances.

Thanks

Lakeside

Re: How frequently are the CRAs updated?

Originally posted by Lakeside1 View Post
    Hi all,

Does anybody know if companies are duty-bound to update CRAs within a certain timeframe?

Reason I ask is, I have 2 credit cards with RBS lenders (Mint and Tesco). I paid the full balance off my Mint card in May and closed the account and paid a chunk off my Tesco card, but their last update on Experian is showing as 5th June and still shows my May balances.

I know it doesn't make much of a difference in the long run, but certainly if I were applying for credit today, £3k incorrectly showing on my borrowings would affect my chances.

Thanks

Lakeside
    They usually update monthly as per their data feeds, in the case of RBS group it is usually the slightly behind, and usually update on the first Monday of the month - however, when you close an account they sometimes just stop reporting - its nuts!

If the balance is indeed £0 and they do not update it by 5th September then you need to request the entry is updated asap as it'll affect you getting credit based on lenders assuming you have that £3k or whatever as available credit....

So, to clarify - it should have already been updated on 7th August and if not then there is an issue that you need to contact the provider over and demand they update their records.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi all,

p.s. No, not duty bound but they should be keeping reflective and accurate details in line with ICO guidelines. If it's not sorted by, as I say, Septembers run then contact the ICO as a back-up.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Niddy.

They're bloody quick enough off the mark to report when things are going tits up eh? Lol.

Comment

Cheers Niddy.

They're bloody quick enough off the mark to report when things are going tits up eh? Lol.
          Double standards.....

I've always said that - they are, lets not forget, paid by the banks!

Comment

We came a cropper with similar last week. We have a settled CCJ. Naively we thought once it was settled the creditor would remove the CCJ - wrong!

Still there, and when queried told it's up to us to contact the CRA so they can contact the creditor so they can confirm we've settled it so the CRA can remove it from our CRF.

Bloody stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
              We came a cropper with similar last week. We have a settled CCJ. Naively we thought once it was settled the creditor would remove the CCJ - wrong!

Still there, and when queried told it's up to us to contact the CRA so they can contact the creditor so they can confirm we've settled it so the CRA can remove it from our CRF.

Bloody stupid!
              Usually you need to get a certificate of satisfaction from the court mate, the same court that issued the CCJ --> cost £10.

Thats what you normally have to do anyway......

Comment

That sounds a bit more reasonable. Never had to do it before so I haven't a clue!

Comment

---> Certificate of satisfaction - Satisfied vs unsatisfied CCJs - Trust Online

Comment

Working...
                  X