GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Eon showing on Equifax - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eon showing on Equifax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eon showing on Equifax

Hi

I got a notification on Saturday from Equifax advising me that Eon have added an agreement against my credit file. I do not have energy supplied by EON so I purchased a copy of my credit file.

I can see that EON have indeed added an agreement at my OLD address from July 2012 which is currently 'active' and for July it is showing as green.

EON did supply me at my old address for roughly 6 weeks last March before I moved to NPower.

I am going to dispute this entry with Equifax but does anyone else have any idea what direction to take? I have also emailed EON.

Re: Eon showing on Equifax

Hi,

You just need to take this up with the Data Controller at EON first. Demand that they remove the entry if it is still showing as live,

Post back here when you have a response.

Comment

I got the same and am issuing court papers later.

Hold fire. Follow my lead. I'm gonna fuck into em
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

My argument is I never authorised ANY data sharing.

Cheeky sods added a "6" next to this month. Nothing else just that.

Oh, they do supply me but I'm up to date
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          My argument is I never authorised ANY data sharing.

Cheeky sods added a "6" next to this month. Nothing else just that.

Oh, they do supply me but I'm up to date
          Keep me up to date mate, I am so annoyed, the start date was last October - I was with NPower then, I hate this company so much.

Comment

My Email to their CEO: tony.cocker@eon-uk.com

I write today to formally complain regards E-on and their handling of my account, in particular your direct breach of the Data Protection Act (1998) and subsequent registration of data (albeit incorrect) with the credit agencies. This formal notice is a letter before action and gives you 7 days to rectify and remove all data about me, my account and address from all credit agencies as I have never provided you any scope or authority to share my data or details with ANY third party, let alone a credit agency.

I demand sight of a signed contract from myself declaring my authority for you to share my personal and account data, failure to do so will result in a claim being issued against you for libel and for Injunctive Relief. Who the hell do you think you are? You have no right to simply go and add incorrect data with a credit agency, moreover you have absolutely no right to do this with personal data that holds no authority to share.

I expect an imminent response, and apology for your horrendous breaches of Data Protection. Anything less will be met by formal complaints to all regulators, contact with BBC Watchdog and ITN News along with legal action against E-on and a hate campaign on-line, for your evident & clear breaches. How dare you disregard the Data Protection Act in such a way, you have absolutely no right to assume you can behave in this arrogant and illegal manner.

Additionally, you have recorded on my account with Equifax a number [6] which suggests my account is one step from default, really? Would you care to explain the reasoning behind this when I always pay via monthly direct debit? Confused, you ought to be!

You may also take this as notice that I wish to immediately cancel all services with you and I hereby give 30 days formal written notice of such.

You may contact me via email only, as I expect an immediate response to this very serious complaint.

Comment

slightly edited but sent, thanks for that Niddy

Comment

Did you get a response today mate? I did....

Comment

Yep )

Comment

A big fek off??
                    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by wizzywig27 View Post
                      Did you get a response today mate? I did....
                      Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Yep )

I'm in suspense...what were the responses?
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

anything from this at all?
                        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Just a holding reply for now.

Will let you know when I know.

Yorkshire Water doing the same

Comment

ok, for me, got an email saying they were looking into it, then I got another email saying its taking longer than expected and she will respond tomorrow as she is on annual leave.

i also disputed the data with equifax who have since added a note of correction as Eon have agreed to remove the information.

Comment

Originally posted by wizzywig27 View Post
                              ok, for me, got an email saying they were looking into it, then I got another email saying its taking longer than expected and she will respond tomorrow as she is on annual leave.

i also disputed the data with equifax who have since added a note of correction as Eon have agreed to remove the information.
                              Have e-on agreed to remove it mate? I am expecting them to say get lost

Comment

Working...
                              X