GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script can sky cancel service - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can sky cancel service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can sky cancel service

For refusing to pay by dd, they are always paid early and now sent me a letter saying they are going to cancel if dd details are not given.

Re: can sky cancel service

I have never paid sky via DD and always pay over the phone with debit card when I get the bill.

Never had one of those letters before either.

Comment

I'm thinking of sending the letter to offcom, will it do any good.

Comment

Hold on, do you normally pay DD? Its strange as I know you can pay monthly by cash but it could be that automated letters were sent out

Comment

I did initially but stopped 6 months ago after the 12 month contract was up. They tried setting it up again but I instructed the bank not to allow them. So I have been fighting with them about 4 months and I got the letter today.

Comment

What utter bollocks, read this: ---> Sky Account How to change your payment method

You can pay your Sky bill in various ways, but we recommend setting up a regular Direct Debit payment. This will ensure your bill is always paid on time. You'll see the Direct Debit agreement when you choose this option - please read it carefully before saving your changes. You can also pay your monthly subscription by regular debit or credit card payments, for an additional monthly charge of 50p/€0.75.
            They can and will disconnect you if you do not pay, so just log-in to your sky and pay via card, its easy enough - that gets them off your case....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jimjim View Post
              I did initially but stopped 6 months ago after the 12 month contract was up. They tried setting it up again but I instructed the bank not to allow them. So I have been fighting with them about 4 months and I got the letter today.
              They cannot force you to pay using one single medium, so they'll lose this fight if they try it on...

Just stand firm, so long as you are not in arrears they cannot cancel your package - an email to their chief execs office may not be a bad idea, the email address is on here somewhere as we posted it for another user a few weeks ago.....
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

For clarity, I just logged in to my Sky and this is the options available....

Click image for larger version

Name:	sky.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	1384828
                Just select the bottom check box, and you'll pay via card monthly..... I suspect it is because you have not actually agreed to a payment method they are getting shirty - just log-in and tick that option, then they'll see how you intend to pay and will back off.

Comment

Yeah Just check how your set up to pay! Could be a simple error.

Comment

Yup the bottom option is what I chose the reason being I like more control as to where my money is going.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jimjim View Post
                        Thanks.
                        anytime

Comment

Working...
                        X