GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Please help me before I go bald ripping my hair out?! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me before I go bald ripping my hair out?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me before I go bald ripping my hair out?!

Hiya this is my first time on anything like this so excuse me if I screw up in any way? Have been referred here by my friend (antsean) as I could really do with some advice?

I've had the misfortune of becoming a Virgin Media (VM)customer last year. I've had nothing but one problem after another and am now just desperate to get a resolve to the latest and most poinient problem.

I signed up to a special online offer from VM and upgraded the package by adding the large tv package and caller display which meant my total billing for services each month was £37, plus any non-geographical phone calls.
    Although VM have supplied the services, they have consistenly overcharged my monthly billing.

Although I tried sorting this out with them by telephone I had no luck with resolving it. I raised a complaint online and put the account into formal dispute. Communications with them have been difficult as we have missed each others various messages and this has meant the situation has been dragging on for some time.

It has also resulted in VM deciding (WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR AGREEMENT) that the situation was resolved and they have passed my outstanding payment (so they say) with them onto a debt collection agency?! What should I do now????

Re: Please help me before I go bald ripping my hair out?!

Welcome and I see Niddy has beat me to moving your post.

I personally would take this up with them in writing and send by recorded delivery - maybe send copies of your bill where you have been over charged.

Are you still getting the Virgin Media package or have you cancelled it?

(these are just my personal thoughts and someone might have some better advice on how to act)
    Last edited by LooLoo; 1 March 2011, 16:39.

Comment

Try emailing their CEO - that will ruffle feathers and ensure someone responds properly, so make a proper formal complaint and email it to: neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk

Details here: ---> http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010...rdian-100-2010

Really this is a consumer complaint, you need to try and resolve it with them i'm afraid, it's usual to pay and argue for difference later as they will piss around with your credit file and mark it as late if you cease repayments....

Obviously, so long as you pay the amount you know to be due - if they overcharge and you refuse to pay that element only, they cannot touch you and will need to investigate before amending anything on your credit files..
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you to both of you for replying so swiftly to my post. The information you have provided will help me, not sure what neil berkett will make of it tho?! Would you like me to let you know what happens?

Comment

Yes please (told you someone with more info ie Nid would be along to help) let us know how you get on.

Good luck - it is such a pain!

Comment

Originally posted by oneinunity View Post
            The information you have provided will help me, not sure what neil berkett will make of it tho?! Would you like me to let you know what happens?
            any update here
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X