GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Veolia Water - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Veolia Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veolia Water

I have been been having problems with Veolia Water for a few years now, the water bill for me for a single person living in a 1 bed flat with no bath or garden is around £50 per month. A bit excessive I thought but they insist that is the correct charge according to the water meter they installed. In May 2012 there was a balance on my annual water bill account of £18.53 debt. I phoned them and they said no problem we will just roll it over to next years bill which should be with you in about 2 weeks.
    One week later I received a letter from a debt collector threatening to take me to court if I did not pay the £18.53 within 5 days. A week later I get another letter from another debt collector with the same threats. I get annoyed a bit more at this stage and complain to the OFT about Veolia Water's debt collection methods. The OFT come back and tell me one of the debt collectors does not have a licence and they have requested Trading Standards to investigate.
    Veolia water checked my water supply a couple of times to make sure there is no leaks. They also checked the water meter in December 2011 and told me the meter readings on my bills are totally incorrect and they probably owe me a few hundred pounds.
    In mid January 2012 they send another meter reader who tells me the last meter reader has made a mistake and I actually do use the amount of water they previously claimed.
    I get annoyed again and request that they recheck these readings, The third meter reader has a good look and then tells me the water meter is in fact not connected to my water supply at all. It is connected to someone else's but he is unable to establish whose water supply it is connected to.
    I have complained to the Consumer Council for Water and they dont really see this as a problem and tell me if Veolia Water do not write to me with a satisfactory response in 10 days I am due £20 compensation. What a joke they are.
    Who should I complain to in order to get some proper compensation fro Veolia Water for this. I dont think water companies are FSA registered and the Consumer Council for Water seem to operate from some other planet.
    Any help and guidance appreciated.

Re: Veolia Water

Is it good water, though?

Can you get a certificate stating who passed it?

Comment

It sounds to me as if your water has been passed by the management of Veolia is the are not providing the Pish they are certainly taking it.

I can't be of any help regarding the Water companies ombudsman service as I have never had a problem like yours. If I were in your position I would be putting together a letter outlining the problem and sending it to Watchdog, Rip off Britain or some other such consumer programme.

When we had a water billing problem a few years ago the meter reader for South West Water told me how poorly all the companies keep records. He told me of one meter he was sent to read annually that had been removed over 10 years ago (Building Demolished)but records never updated. The former owner of the property was still being sent an estimated bill

As to Veolia using an unlicensed debt collector that on it's own deserves further investigation.

Good Luck, Keep us posted on this.
      Regards, Handy
      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
      Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

We have Veolia, they provide the service and we get billed by Thames Water.

Do Veolia bill you or is it through someone else? check the statements it will say who they have billed you on behalf of, might be good to speak direct to them.

Also as Handyman said, speak to watchdog, companies sh*t themselves when they learn you are taking it to somewhere like that!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
          We have Veolia, they provide the service and we get billed by Thames Water.

Do Veolia bill you or is it through someone else? check the statements it will say who they have billed you on behalf of, might be good to speak direct to them.
          Their Chief Executive Officer (and, presumably, the principal or main person who passes all their water) is Jean-Dominique.Mallet@veolia.com

Originally posted by SXGuy
          Also as Handyman said, speak to watchdog, companies sh*t themselves when they learn you are taking it to somewhere like that!
          Or email You and Yours on the BBC Home Service (link); as it's on the wireless rather than television, their deadlines are shorter.
          Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 1 March 2012, 08:36.

Comment

Working...
          X