GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Leisure Medical UK - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leisure Medical UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leisure Medical UK

Hi all.

Just to say I love this forum and appreciate all the advise people bring to it.

I am a sole trader and was cold called by an advertising company called Leisure Medical UK last year with an offer to advertise my services on doctors appointment cards in the area. At the time I thought this was a good idea.

I accepted the meeting with the rep and he actually came to my home rather than my business address. He explained the size of the advert and also the cost which was fine so I signed up to them. I was providing my own artwork for the advert as artwork is part of what I do for a living and I deal with advertising companies all the time so I always submit my own ready to print artwork and have never have a problem with them. I also paid Leisure Medical an upfront payment to the rep of around £90 and it was about £320 for 2 years.

I submitted my artwork and was told I would not be charged any more until I have signed off the proof (which is standard) and the advert goes live.

I waited a few months and was hit with a bill from Leisure medical for the first years payment (as it was a 2 year contract). I phoned them and asked what they was playing at as I had not even seen a proof to which they apologised and said they would send one out.

When it arrived a few days later, the design had been placed wrong (the printing company they used had overstretched the image so you could not see my logo and text, it was pretty much a black box with the corner of my logo in it). I called them up and asked what was going on, they said it must of been an over site of the printer and will re-print them and send them out to the surgery again. I asked why they had already sent them out without me proofing it to which she said she was unsure.

I immediately told them that if they can't send a proof out or even check a print before distributing then this is not the sort of company I want to be dealing with and asked them not to proceed any further with the printing as i did not want to be involved with their company anymore. i also sent many emails to them stating why I didn't want to deal with them anymore or continue with the prints after the mistakes and unprofessionalism shown.

Earlier last month I received a letter from a debt remediation company but it was in my wife's name and not mine so I called them up on the number provided. I ended up having a very heated argument with a guy from this company telling my I need to pay. I told him I did not proof anything and Leisure Medical took it upon themselves to print and distribute.

He asked me how I would feel been placed in front of a judge in court to which I laughed and said you are not intimidating me, I am aware it is a civil matter so you are not giving me any scary images and he replied yep but it is still a judge (I love the intimidation tactics they try to use).

I asked why I should pay when I did not proof it or ask it to be distributed to which his reply was "why did you not chase it up". I said that I am a small business and the longer it takes to do, if i am not in a rush to have it done as I don't have to pay until it is ready, i am in no rush. He said it is my responsibility to chase them up to which my reply was, no it is the advertising companies responsibly to ensure I received a proof and that I am happy or need to make any changes.

I also asked if they had a recorded delivery number or any proof of posting for the proof but he laughed and said you obviously don't know what you are talking about. (very unprofessional). He said they had proof that they sent a proof out to me so I asked him to provide it to me but he avoided answering it.

He basically said I will have to pay end of and my reply was, They can keep the deposit but I will take my chances in court and put the phone down on him.

Now, even though I said all this in a heated debate, I am in the right as I have not heard anymore yet?

Re: Leisure Medical UK

Mate ignore these muppets. No contract was signed and your verbal one was conditional (on proofs being provided). I'd stop calling.

They wrote to your wife right? Next time, don't open & return as unknown.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers bud.

They have not been in touch since the heated phone argument anyway and I was pretty sure I was in the right as I have had adverts printed for much more money and with bigger companies than these and never had any problems. It was not even a fact of the money to be honest, if it would have been right first time and done correctly as an advertising company should then I would of gladly paid but they messed up in a big way.

If anything, I hope this post may deter people from companies like this (or just give them a chuckle). But if they ever do come back then I am sure I will keep you all updated.

Comment

There's loads of complaints about this and similar companies on Google. They do have a website: http://www.leisuremedical.co.uk/
        Apart from ignoring their debt collectors, might be an idea to report them to Trading Standards. Find out first whether the surgeries they mentioned actually use their services, as often they don't.

Comment

Yorkshirpud thanks for your message. I am in a similar situation when I learnt the surgery they claimed they were going to put my details into knew nothing about this company. Did you get any more from the debt company. I will go to trading standards?

Comment

I had a heated argument with one of their collection agencies in which he tried every scare tactic in the book. I told him I phoned the surgery and they don't even use the so called appointment cards. He then said he will advise court action so I told him to go ahead and I will see them there. Not heard anything else and this was a few months ago now.

Comment

Originally posted by yorkshirepud View Post
              I had a heated argument with one of their collection agencies in which he tried every scare tactic in the book. I told him I phoned the surgery and they don't even use the so called appointment cards. He then said he will advise court action so I told him to go ahead and I will see them there. Not heard anything else and this was a few months ago now.

Hello, did you hear anymore back after the threat of court. I am at the same position, getting calls from the collection agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaulting0 View Post
                Hello, did you hear anymore back after the threat of court. I am at the same position, getting calls from the collection agency.
                I would not panic. It was not a legit collection company and I had no further action. It's all hot steam from them.

Comment

Originally posted by yorkshirepud View Post
                  I would not panic. It was not a legit collection company and I had no further action. It's all hot steam from them.

Thats really useful to know. I keep getting calls from the debt company, i will block them.

Comment

I have been a victim of this company? Can anyone update me as to how they have got on as I’ve stopped further payments after the initial deposit and I’ve had a demand for an amount that didn’t add up to that quoted to me.....I’ve asked for a full breakdown of costs and will wait for the threatening letters! Has anyone been taken to court? I‘m planning to ride it out but I’m scared

Comment

Nothing happened. I ignored all letters.

Comment

Working...
                      X