GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BT nuisance calls!!!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BT nuisance calls!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT nuisance calls!!!!

Ok, did not know where to post this but hope this is okay.

I note it states phones in the category so here goes.... 2 .

I have been registered with TPS since about 2004, and have been in touch with them just recently to make sure that my details were still registered.
    They have confirmed "yes".

I am also ex-directory.

Anyway, over the last few months my phone have been non stop with nuisance calls, not so much from banks, but mainly from BT.

As usual it was BT marketing calls to sell broadband, I told them many times that I know where they are if I am interested, and not to call again because my life is hectic enough as it is.....but of course they were not going to listen to that.

Now my hubby works shifts and its so damn maddening when they ring upto 10 times every single bl**dy day!!! , I told them again to get lost.

It got to the stage I reported the tel numbers to TPS, and within a few days the calls stopped.

Not for long though, so I was livid , rang BT and asked to be put through to the dept to have my details removed, this was at the end of July, maybe early August, they were apologetic and assured me that I would receive no calls after 28 days.

Yeah Yeah Yeah!!!

Those 28 days have well gone by and the sales BT calls continue.

I emailed them and threatened to complain to the ICO and made a list of numbers that I know were from the UK and not abroad, and told them enough is enough, and if they carry on I am taking my line elsewhere.

Anyway received a email back, a bit useless really and what a load of billy bull ***t.

Here is my email received from BT below........

Hi Di30,

Thanks for your email. I was sorry to learn that you have been receiving marketing calls despite being registered with the telephone preference scheme. I called you this afternoon on XXXXXXXXXXX to discuss this further with you, sorry to have missed you. I left a message to let you know that I had called.

You originally registered with the telephone preference scheme in 2004. As this was some time ago, I have re-registered you for this. It can take up to 28 days for your details to be removed from all company marketing lists so you may receive one more call. TPS will only stop UK based companies from cold calling you, unfortunately, there is no way of preventing international numbers (this includes companies that out source out of the UK).

I have also removed consent for BT to call you with marketing campaigns and promotions. However, BT will still contact you if there is a problem with your bill, any faults etc.

If after 28 days you are still receiving UK based marketing calls, there are a few other steps that you can take. Details of calling features that give you more control over your incoming calls can be found here: http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/c ... icId=25504. You could also renumber your land line free of charge if the problem persists.

Once again, I am very sorry that you have been receiving marketing calls and thank you for bringing this to my attention. Please feel free to contact me via email should you require anything further.

You may shortly receive a survey asking how I personally dealt with your email. If you could take a few minutes to let me know what you thought about my response I'd really appreciate it. In addition to answering the questions on me specifically, there will also be an opportunity to add comments on your experience in general.

Regards

Re: BT nuisance calls!!!!

Silent Call register
    12mths it stays on (Don't know if it works on Mobiles though)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

also something watchdog covered the other night too....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/...cold_call.html

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy
        also something watchdog covered the other night too....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/...cold_call.html
        Seen that last night....also for Mail (wonder if DCA Mail is classed as Junk Mail)
        MPSOnline:
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Three times BT have confirmed they have removed my details now, because its 3 times or even more I have contacted and reported these phone call issues, most of them being those of BT.......received an email from TPS as well who told me they will be contacting them and its possible as well they will forward my info to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
          Maybe I should mention Watchdog as well, see what they say then lol.

They told me they removed my details in Aug 2010, and it will take 28 days, the calls continued in September 2010, called them and emailed them again, they apologised and said again 28 days, I told them what for and sent them copies of their previous emails to confirm they had supposed to have already removed my details.
          And the BT sales calls started again early this month!

My recent email received from TPS below:

Dear Mrs

Thank you for your recent communication about the unsolicited direct marketing telephone call you received on your Telephone Preference Service registered number.

Unsolicited telephone calls are covered by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 which are enforced by the Information Commissioner's Office. The attached fact sheet briefly explains what the law says.

We will now contact the company that called you to ask them to investigate your complaint. We will also tell them to suppress your number so that they do not call you again. The calls should stop within 28 days.

But in the unlikely event that we are unable to resolve your complaint and the organisation does not stop making unsolicited telesales calls to your TPS or CTPS registered number, you should let us know by completing the complaint form online at http://www.tpsonline.org.uk.

We will check your complaint against any response we have received from the organisation that is calling you and consider how best to resolve this matter. This may involve referring your complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (the organisation which enforces the law on unsolicited direct marketing). Please see the attached fact sheet for further information.

Thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention. We work closely with the ICO and the information you have provided will help us and them identify those organisations which are persistently making these types of calls and take action where appropriate.

Yours faithfully,

Team Leader
          Telephone Preference Service

Comment

Lovely Di, good luck on that

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio
              Lovely Di, good luck on that
              Thank you honey. X

Comment

I forgot to post up the update on this one.

I received a letter from the Managers Head office via BT to confirm they heard from TPS in regards of the constant phone calls and they apologised and assured me it will NOT happen again.......
                However, the last 2 days it HAVE and its the same flipping UK international number as before, so I have since e-mailed the complaints dept again and told them about this and also about the letter I received from BT's dept.

Time to request for some distress compo me thinks lol, what do you think?

Comment

Definitely Di ! This sounds like it's getting beyond a joke now. Good Luck with getting some redress.
                  I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Thanks Billy.

Well since e-mailing the complaints dept at BT (with an automated e-mail response confirming I will get e-mail feedback) by the following day........I heard nothing back!
                    Wonder why? they prob know they were in the wrong once yet again lol.

Comment

Further Info with regards to the Silent Calls Di (everyone)

Silent calls are annoying, irritating and can be very frightening, particularly for people who live alone.

The vast majority of silent calls are caused by automated calling systems known as diallers
                      Unwanted Sales/Marketing [size=5](Can also think that DCA is Marketing/Sales as they never say that they are a DCA at the begining?)

Revised statement of policy on the persistent misuse of an electronic communications network or service
                      http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/con...use/statement/
                      FootNotes:
                      [size=5]Malicious silent calls
                      Predictive diallers
                      Preventing silent calls

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-u...?itemid=284912

Downloadable Guide about Silent Calls:
                      http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/files/...7/nuisance.pdf

Silent Call Form *Just enter company Tel number/and Name - CLICK SUBMIT*
                      https://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/silent-calls

Comment

Cheers for this 5corpio

Comment

So far and so good, its the longest yet that they have not pestered , but only time will tell!

Comment

It shouldn't have gone on as long as it did!

Keeping my fingers crossed that you've had the last of them.
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Thank you honey X

Comment

Working...
                              X