GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 3 Mobile Phone Contract Problem - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 Mobile Phone Contract Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Mobile Phone Contract Problem

I had a 3 mobile phone on a contract which I 'thought' I had upgraded early. This was in October 2012. It eventually comes to light that they had not upgraded me but sold me a new contract. I know that it was my fault that I didn't notice this error straight away but that is another story. I cancelled the old DD for the phone that I had upgraded; the phone had been lost, by the way, prompting the need to 'upgrade'. I then started getting letters chasing payment. I rang their call centre and explained the situation to a gentleman I spoke to and thought that I had got through. Anyway, fast forward through several chasing letters , the latest was last week. I checked my credit file on noddle and noticed that they have been adding default markers to my file for the last 6 months. I have not received any default notices at all. The amount is only £77 but it is the principle; Three have some of the worst customer services of the lot, and they've improved! I'm wondering whether I can do anything about this entry. My credit file is far from perfect but I don't want any being added now

Re: 3 Mobile Phone Contract Problem

Did you think you were upgrading, or rather take out a new contract with 3 directly, or was it from one of those phone calls pretending to be 3 and offering you a deal?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No, the call was instigated by me. The original phone was lost so had to be replaced. I thought that I had upgraded the phone. I got a new phone and sim which I paid for, as I would have expected to have to do either way. As I said, only me to blame for not noticing the original payment still going out. When I did notice I rang to sort it out and was told that it was, in fact, two contracts. I explained that I didn't have access to the old account so couldn't make any calls even if I'd wanted to. There was no activity on the account for about 4 months. The point is, really, getting the default removed as I don't think that they have followed correct procedure in adding the mark on my file. I'll even pay the bloody thing as long as the default gets removed as a result because I only didn't pay it out of principle. That and the fact that I didn't want them to start charging me again once I had paid. Anyone who has had experience of 3 customer services will surely appreciate my lack of trust towards them. They're bloody useless

Comment

Ok i think you need to email the CEO and explain exactly what happend. That you telephoned for an upgrade, and they sold you a second contract instead, and now you have a default placed on your credit file which has seriously harmed your chances for credit, all because their customer services department did not understand what you wanted.

Mr David Dyson Chief Executive david.dyson@three.co.uk

You want the matter resolved by removal of the default notice that was placed due to their error, and if the original contract hasnt been cancelled it should be also.

Let us know what they reply with.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

exact same scenario happened to mr D, he "thought" he had been upgraded as well.

we fought like demons, we phoned and phoned and phoned, we emailed the CEO and eventually I threatened to go to the police as I considered their working practices to be fraud, we did eventually get a result, all monies refunded and the contract which he had had for 6 yars wiped early. no defaults no DD's coming out of our account fraudulently. I got action after I threatened the police and a solicitor's letter but for the first time ever, a CEO never bothered answering our emails, this was Orange so seems to be an industry practice, do a bit of googling and you will be pretty shocked at what you find.

Comment

There are two issues here:

1) As far as I was concerned it was and upgrade that I was getting and not an extra contract.
            2) They have put default markers on my file without following proper procedure.

If I am honest, I am more bothered by the latter rather than the former, although still not happy with the former. However, I would settle for just having the defaults removed and I'll pay the £70-odd quid. I should have noticed, after all.

Comment

I contacted David Dyson, Chief Executive at Three, and I received a prompt reply from his office manager promising to look into the matter. A couple of days later they replied again setting out the points that I had made. They said that, although they were satisfied that there had been no mis-selling, they believe that I was unaware that it was a new contract. As such they closed the account, cleared the balance owing and will remove the defaults from my record. Result!

Comment

Another result, you're on a roll Billy
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

....and it's all thanks to this site

Comment

Brilliant

Comment

Good result - well done.

Comment

Originally posted by billytommo View Post
                        I contacted David Dyson, Chief Executive at Three, and I received a prompt reply from his office manager promising to look into the matter. A couple of days later they replied again setting out the points that I had made. They said that, although they were satisfied that there had been no mis-selling, they believe that I was unaware that it was a new contract. As such they closed the account, cleared the balance owing and will remove the defaults from my record. Result!
                        Nice one Bill, im pleased for you mate!
                        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Great result
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                          X