GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EE/ORANGE SCAM for COMMISSION - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EE/ORANGE SCAM for COMMISSION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EE/ORANGE SCAM for COMMISSION

Mr D has been scammed by an orange employee instead of replacing his contract this shyster added another, leaving him with two. Despite phoning and creating hell, and they have admitted it was fraud by an employee trying to up his October commission, no one has done anything. I have already battered off an email to the CEO who hasn't bothered his arse replying.

EE's system is now down and they don't accept emails without setting up an account, anyone got any contact emails for this bunch of inefficient shysters?

Re: EE/ORANGE SCAM for COMMISSION

olaf.swantee@ee.co.uk
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

emailed him 4 times, no answer not even an online acknowledgement

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
        emailed him 4 times, no answer not even an online acknowledgement
        Let me get this right, your hubby was due a renewal and the advisor left his old account running and set up a second account? If so then that is clearly fraud and you would be able to take legal action against them, I would speak to Andrew....

I'll PM his email address.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

not due a renewal until next June, advisor (scammer) told him it was because of his immaculate account management and even tailored the minutes etc to his usage patterns and sent a new phone, just didn't use it as a renewal, put it through as a new phone and account. The advisor he spoke to on Friday admitted it was fraud and promised to get it sorted, not a word from them and then of course you are dealing with a foreign call centre, piss poor service and their system appears to be down and no bugger answers emails

Comment

just an update on this, MrD finally got a hold of an English speaking person who has tried to fix this, cancelled the contract, we returned the phone and received three months credit, HOWEVER m this morning they took the direct debit for the fraudulent phone piggy backed on to the exisiting direct debit so wasn't there to cancel.

bloody livid

they are the most useless money grabbing shysters operating a mobile phone system.

have now tried to claim it back from the equally useless bank and can't do that until tomorrow as the numpty at the bank says it has to go out "as we signed a mandate"
            no we fecking didn't!!!!

have sent another evil email and will claim this back tomorrow

would never ever use Orange again, soon as this contract is done we're off, seriously considering phoning the police as it is out and out fraud, bank (co-op) weren't that interested

Comment

Hi Mrs D

I also had problems with Orange earlier this year after 3 years of excellent coverage and with any problems resolved extremely quickly. However the 'customer service' since they merged with EE just evaporated, and, like you, I have experienced not just poor customer service, but fraudulent behavior, promises not kept, I have had fabricated information given to me to get me off the phone and then lies to cover them backsides, not to mention a complete lack of concern or respect for their customers.

I do however know how to complain vigorously and know my consumer rights which resulted in EE allowing me to cancel my contract with no fees over a year before the contract finished. I have an email address for a customer services manager at EE and can PM you this address if you don't get any further but even that chap was able to offer limited help simply because of the lies his colleagues would spout when investigated (if I hadn't recorded phone conversations to verify my side of events I wouldn't have had the leverage to prove the extent of how bad it was).

If they have taken money for this contract, and you can prove material loss, then I would consider taking legal action if the complaints process doesn't get you anywhere (which is the likely outcome). It seems to be the only thing they understand........
              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

thanks S&V

It's driving me mad, I'm, like you, VERY GOOD at complaining, I know all the buttons to press but it's a total waste of breath with this mob of shysters. We are awaiting an answer to the email we sent yesterday, the British contingent don't appear to come on shift until 4.00pm, and it's a complete waste of time trying to speak to some poor soul in India who can't do anything even if they could understand what we are on about. I emailed their chief executive and got no answer despite resending 4/5 times, obviously the incompetance stems from the top down. I will claim the money back tomorrow as the bank insist I can't to-day, they were very relaxed about the fact if was fraud as well.

I'll PM you mine if you PM me yours later on if we don't get anywhere, they have admitted very readily that it was fraud

thanks for your input
                Last edited by MrsD; 18 November 2013, 16:56.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post

have now tried to claim it back from the equally useless bank and can't do that until tomorrow as the numpty at the bank says it has to go out "as we signed a mandate"
                  no we fecking didn't!!!!

Tis utter crap anyway. Under the rules of the dd scheme, it is irrelevant whether you signed a mandate; if the company takes more than they are entitled to, the bank gives it back. End of:

Direct Debit Guarantee

The Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits
                  If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit the organisation will notify you (normally 10 working days) in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request the organisation to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request
                  If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society
                  If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when the organisation asks you to

You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify the organisation.
                  Take a look at our handy Direct Debit Guarantee leaflet which summarises the benefits of Direct Debit and gives details of the Guarantee.
                  If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

this is the third time I've had to force the Co-op to do something that is normal practice, I suspect us basic account holders get treated with more "caution" than superduper (paying) account holders,

Comment

progress

after umpteen read receipted emails going back and forth, we appear to have a deal, remainder of existing contract paid in full. after which we will beetle off to another company, possibly payg as Mr D's credit record is just slightly dodgy
                      personally i don't really care

money has been refunded, they've admitted it was fraud and I've reported them to ofcom wondering if the FOS would be possible as well. Orange are all over the web as drastic customer service providers, despite loads of complaints, no one seems very keen on doing anything about it. Looking after no 1, I'm just grateful that we're out of any financial dealings with them(before this we were customers for 10 years) and I would heartily recommend that if anyone else has dealings they are very careful with contracts and insist on everything in writing.

I guess they'll just carry on ripping people off, pretending they don't understand what you're saying and generally driving up the blood pressure of paying customers, welcome to business enterprise in Great Britain

Comment

I'm pleased you've got your money refunded but it's still so unfair MrsD
                        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

oh it never stops, I've spent the morning filling in complaints

as it turns out, you can't refund part of a direct debit, you need to go for the whole thing

banks told me it was possible, and orange said it had to come from our end (turns out was another load of tosh)

I've ripped lumps out of the bank this morning, and filled in a complaint form

I've phoned the BACS/Direct Debit Service, they've been astounded and told me they can't believe this as "the DD system runs on trust" (God give me strength!!) filled in another complaint form there

just about to write another email to Orange explaining that I've cancelled the whole DD and asking why they think it's OK to heap more lies on the already substantial pile

then I'm off to speak to the FOS

Comment

Blimey Mrs D, what a saga! Glad you got the rest of the contract for gratis - but look at the stress they have caused you.

Let us know of any further hassle/progress.

Cheers
                            SA
                            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

update

FOS (predictably) are not interested as it appears that they don't care whether Orange have correct financial procedures or not because although they conduct financial payment systems they are a mobile phone company and their main business is not finance

BACS, after a bit of a MrsD prod, want all the details and they are thinking, mind only thinking of taking it up with Orange.

Have run out of time to get a hold of the Communications Ombusman and the Information Commissioners Office (Scammer had Mr D's details but orange are insisting he didn't work for them)

Comment

Working...
                              X