GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ipad v Android - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ipad v Android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipad v Android

Yesterday as I was sprinting for the train my 7" samsung tablet fell out of my pocket and the glass broke. So I need to get another one. Originally I bought it as a toy and to use as an kindle with extras . I find it much easier to use than my samsung galaxy phone for email etc.

So do I get a Samsung galaxy tab2 either 7 or 10.1 with ice cream sandwich for 299 or 399 (want mobile internet as well as wifi) or an Ipad either 2 or new for 429 or 499.
    I know it's a lot of money but with the few quid left from Val's estate I thought stuff her daughter and treat myself.

Head says 7" is enough but my heart says bigger is better. So any thoughts
    7 v 10
    Ice cream sandwich v i pad

Re: Ipad v Android

We love android... and there is so much you can do with it that you can't do with an ipad

Comment

I would agree with jen, go for Android, as good if not better than the iPad, all you pay for is the little logo to flash on the train, while everyone else is busy using their tabs the Apple users stand about trying to get a signal and flashing the logo.

Comment

If you can get hold of one a linux tab works really well.

Though there aint many about.
        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

So now 2nd question is ...does size matter?

Comment

Size? not really for me.....i've a 64GB blackberry playbook they're pretty good & are a steal at the minute for £129 and thats a 7" screen

(they can with the new os2 use android apps & market without issues)

besides my mother always said its not the size of the wand that matters its the wizard who waves it!

Comment

one thing to consider though jon....repair the galaxy tab? would be a lot cheaper than looking around for a replacement

Comment

I am trying to find out how much a repair will cost but have to wait until Monday to call the service centre. As there is no insurance it has been suggested that it will be uneconomic but we shall see

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                  We love android... and there is so much you can do with it that you can't do with an ipad
                  wrong!

You can do over 2,650 extra things with an iPad (look at jailbreak)....

I hate these anti-Apple people that actually don't understand what it is they're saying....

Not you Jen, but loads of people say "a kindle is better etc" - ermm, utter nonsense.

A new iPad (or iPad 3) is £399 RRP.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

TechRadar agree with me as well...

---> 10 best tablet PCs in the world today: Number 1: new iPad | News | TechRadar

That boasts the top ten best tablets, No.1 - iPad
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                      Yesterday as I was sprinting for the train my 7" samsung tablet fell out of my pocket and the glass broke.
                      Assuming it's the Samsung Tab - do it yourself mate!

Guide to stipping the tablet ---> Samsung Galaxy Tab Teardown - iFixit

New glass ---> Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Tablet Digitizer touch screen glass lens: Everything Else

* if they deliver from US to UK

Total cost = £25 approx

OR

Get it fixed for £80!

---> SAMSUNG GALAXY TABLET TAB GT-P1000 DIGITIZER SCREEN REPAIR REPLACEMENT SERVICE | eBay

Comment

nono I mean for me Android was better had USB it had some things that Ipad couldn't do.

I agree the Ipad is pretty good for what it is.. but some of the android ones (flash etc) were just a bit better.

Comment

Kindels are book readers nothing more nowt less.

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                            nono I mean for me Android was better had USB it had some things that Ipad couldn't do.

I agree the Ipad is pretty good for what it is.. but some of the android ones (flash etc) were just a bit better.
                            Ahh see an iPad would be no good as the only and main 'computer' as it does lack usb etc.....

Fair point

* but buy a bluetooth USB and connect to it via iPad bluetooth - always options....

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              Ahh see an iPad would be no good as the only and main 'computer' as it does lack usb etc.....

Fair point

* but buy a bluetooth USB and connect to it via iPad bluetooth - always options....
                              Shit did we just agree??

Comment

Working...
                              X