GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ipad v Android - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ipad v Android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ipad v Android

Thanks Niddy
    I have managed to find a screen and tools on amazon uk for £20 so am going to order that.
    Sense wins out
    I hate sensible people

Comment

hahah I use my tablet (as it has a keyboard with it) when Im on the road with work because its easy to crack out and do my stuff as I go along.

But I LOVE my laptop.

Comment

My laptop fires up in 6 seconds. So I'll not say anything as 6 seconds is not life changing.

Jen if you was an MD on £250k then I'd get you but a few seconds, sorry. Nope. Life isn't that fast
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
          A tablet is not intended as a substitute for a computer, as they don't run all the standard applications and they're not that practical for typing a lot. But if memory serves, Jon has a laptop and uses the tablet mostly for surfing on the go (a.k.a. trolling )

There are quite a few apps intended for file exchange with a computer if that's the purpose of using USB, I only have an iPhone but most of the apps are also compatible with the iPad. There's an app to use the phone as a USB stick and another specifically for copying photos to your computer. Other apps let you transfer files via WiFi.

You can also print directly from iPhone/iPad if you have a wireless printer.

Yep got wireless printer. Yep got wireless USB via laptop link and yep got wireless capability to run a cd on iPad if I really wanted (but don't; I'd save to lappy then drop into iTunes)!

iPad rocks
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

* obviously when you jailbreak then everything changes )

Comment

Correction , is £14.80 and see what my DIY skills are like

Samsung Tablet Galaxy Tab P1000 GT-P1000 Digitizer: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I have played with an Ipad but I have to say i am used to Android . If I were to buy one no doubt whatever I buy will be the wrong one, too big/ too small/ should have gone for the latest model/ why did I waste money on the latest model when the older one did what I needed so really getting it fixed is the best option.

Yes i do have a laptop when i am at the OH's and an old steam driven desktop at home, or I could use Val's Laptop. The tablet is for when I am out and about , reading, emails, keeping up to date on here and yes of course a bit of trolling

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                My laptop fires up in 6 seconds. So I'll not say anything as 6 seconds is not life changing.

Jen if you was an MD on £250k then I'd get you but a few seconds, sorry. Nope. Life isn't that fast
                It is when your on the road, minutes count But I love my laptop... just prefer my playbook to fill stuff in and do wee bits its good for emails etc without killing my phonw.

My laptop is quite good I am an AMD girl

Comment

Oh dear AMD is like so 80's....

Please don't start me off

Comment

Oh dear AMD is like so 80's....

Please don't start me off
                    Pardon moi now I know you are crazy I used to be very intel but amd can handle a lot more especially with video that I handle... its quad core and is actually a quad core which allows me to do many things at the same time with out having a slow system paramount when I have to watch and edit videos.

LOL we won't argue this one out dear.

Comment

You do talk shit woman!!

Intel i7 pro blows Athlon into space and back again

I'd stop there. My lappy is a top of range business one with touch screen / HD the lot. It takes 6-7 seconds to load desktop from power-up and has an amazing x8 multi task processor. Your poxy AMD is quad

Eat me.

Comment

(my desktop boots in less...could be windows on the SSD drive that helps!)

Comment

You do talk shit woman!!

Eat me.

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                            (my desktop boots in less...could be windows on the SSD drive that helps!)
                            Win7? Please tell me the windows experience score?

Mine is 7.0 (best) and 6 seconds is the fastest possible speed. Nothing ever proven to boot in less. Unless you're using a DFI lanparty o/c mobo which can pull a benchmark of 5-6 seconds dependant upon lots of variables.

I'm gonna ask for video footage next

Comment

There is no point arguing with you because you will never think what you have is inferior to anyone else lol..

I know how my AMD performs and there are more people in my industry using AMD than Intel because Intel does get bogged down when trying to do too many high performance things at once.

Anyhoo. I am a bit of a geek when it comes to this shit so I have various reasons why I prefer my AMD. But I am not knocking Intel..Intel is OK for what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                                That says it all...

Yes I have been looking at the youtube tutorials OMFG
                                iPads come in just the one size and there's just one model, currently iPad 3, simples!
                                I beg to differ. you can still get Ipad2 and then you have 16, 32 or 64GB and all those all come with or without 3G (or is it 4G)
                                IFYP4U
                                English please but I am sure it was an insult

Comment

Working...
                                X