GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Too late to stop British gas late payment marker? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too late to stop British gas late payment marker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too late to stop British gas late payment marker?

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and I was hoping you might be able to help. So I have got myself into a slight pickle when closing an energy account. I switched provider from sainsbury's energy (AKA British Gas) back in October last year and received a final bill in November. I stupidly assumed that the final direct debit had gone out of my account and all was settled. Little to my knowledge there had been some sort of dispute with the readings and they hadn't charged my bank account.
    In the mean time I moved address and also changed bank account. The previous estate agents had been given my new forwarding address, however I did not update my address directly with Sainsbury's as I had simply forgotten about it. They have then finalised my account and sent a final bill in March which I did not receive, as I had moved address and the estate agents hadn't forwarded the mail. They then tried to debit my old bank account in Mid-March, which obviously didn't go through.
    Sainsburys have then passed on my details to 'Moorcroft group' who are a debut recovery company who emailed me today. I called Sainsburys promptly and settled the account. I asked the adviser whether a late payment marker would have been put on my account and she says she doesn't know and I will have to check my credit report.
    I am awaiting my experian statutory report to see if they have already put a late payment marker on there.

My question is if they have not yet updated my file and there is no late payment marker yet, can I prevent a late payment marker going on my file now that the account has been settled? I appreciate I am pre-empting things here but given the horror stories I have read about British gas and their late payment markers I am trying to avoid this and be prepared in the event they have put one on. Any advice would be appreciated!

Re: Too late to stop British gas late payment marker?

If it's been settled chances are that's it. Wait and see in a month or so what your latest CRA shows. If there's a late payment let us know although a single one won't hurt on its own.

It may not be reflected on your most recent report post settlement as they use monthly feed (update) dates so you might need to get another copy at the end of May just to make sure (ie last working day).

If there are a few markers / default etc then see here -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post448442

Join Noddle. It's free
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Too late to stop British gas late payment marker?

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      If it's been settled chances are that's it. Wait and see in a month or so what your latest CRA shows. If there's a late payment let us know although a single one won't hurt on its own.

It may not be reflected on your most recent report post settlement as they use monthly feed (update) dates so you might need to get another copy at the end of May just to make sure (ie last working day).

If there are a few markers / default etc then see here -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post448442

Join Noddle. It's free

Thanks for the reply. Is there anyone within British Gas that I can contact pre-emptively to say the account has been settled and ask them not to put on a late payment marker. I have one other late payment marker from a credit card after having a similar problem when closing the account. However that was from a few years ago.

Also is it worth contacting Moorcroft to tell them the account has been settled, or should I just ignore them?

Comment

Working...
      X