GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script TRying to get refund from NPower - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRying to get refund from NPower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRying to get refund from NPower

I moved home last October and a tenant moved in during January (so usage between the date would have been tiny). On 15th January I sent final meter readings (by post). They acknowledged receipt of the readings by email. As I paid by DDM I have a credit balance of about £400-500.

Six weeks on and still no final account or refund so today I telephoned them.

It seems my account (along with others) is 'blocked' on their system (and has been since November 2013) so cannot be updated. Their 'technical team' are working on it and have been for over three months. They don't know how long it will take to resolve. They could confirm that the last entry on my account showed a credit balance of "over £400".

When I threatened them with the Ombudsman I was told, "The Ombudsman is already aware of the problem and is not accepting complaints until we have resolved it".

I cannot think where I can go from here, but I could certainly use the £400+ of my money that they have.

Re: TRying to get refund from NPower

I will find CEO details for you now (email address) x

Comment

As I just said above, here is the email address of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO
      paul.massara@rwenpower.com

Send the email to him and any letters/emails you have sent to the refund team attach as well, tell the CEO its your right and you will consider contacting Ofgem if no action is taken on this by 7 days of this email, also request for confirmation that you email has ben received, good luck x

Comment

using the CEO is the only way to deal with these numpties, feel free to let rip, don't worry about being too polite

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          As I just said above, here is the email address of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO
          paul.massara@rwenpower.com

Send the email to him and any letters/emails you have sent to the refund team attach as well, tell the CEO its your right and you will consider contacting Ofgem if no action is taken on this by 7 days of this email, also request for confirmation that you email has ben received, good luck x
          Originally posted by MrsD View Post
          using the CEO is the only way to deal with these numpties, feel free to let rip, don't worry about being too polite
          Thanks for the replies - my complaint letter has gone off to the NPower CEO today.

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

At last, maybe some progress.

Following the good advice received here, I wrote to the CEO with my complaint. I got a standard acknowledgement soon after.

A couple of weeks ago I got my 'amended' bill. It would seem that my £400+ has been eaten-up by service charges and I now owe them a further £18 odd. Before I could even reply I received an email from the 'Executive Complaints Team' telling me I have been overcharged due to their failure to correctly change my electricity meter a year ago.

The promise is that it will all be rectified. The new meter will be installed and my bill will be adjusted.

So, not the end of the story by any means but progress of a sort, at least.

Comment

Good news then! Glad you're getting it sorted.

TibetanMonk
                On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

I am pleased there's a break through DTMM , fingers crossed the new meter will be installed soon and your bill will be adjusted even sooner
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thank you for your update!

That is good news! Well done to you!

Hope the remainder of the matter will be resolved soon too, fingers crossed x

Comment

Working...
                    X