GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Parking fine. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parking fine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking fine.

I am going to assume this is correct. I know with them bright yellow ones they stick to the screen / under your wiper are nothing more than a firelighter (unless a council car park), but waht about the ones / letters via post.

I know someone that has recieved one this morning, and pictures of the vehicle entering and leaving the car park have been included, giving a 3 hour window. It does state that it is 2hour max. in the car park. Letter goes on to "ask" I suupose for £70 - or £50 if paid quickly.

Do these letters hold as much water as the "fines" from other non council car parks (this was a retail park for clarity).

Thanks
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Parking fine.

This is parking eye no doubt and hold no weight at all and a search of parking eye will throw up loads.

You can safely file the letters under ignore.

Regards

Comment

Here you go pistonheads forum

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...622&mid=0&i=20

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
        I know someone that has recieved one this morning, and pictures of the vehicle entering and leaving the car park have been included, giving a 3 hour window. It does state that it is 2hour max. in the car park. Letter goes on to "ask" I suupose for £70 - or £50 if paid quickly.

Do these letters hold as much water as the "fines" from other non council car parks (this was a retail park for clarity).
        If they wish to respond at all, they should refer Parking Eye to the celebrated (if unreported) retort in the case of Arkell v. Pressdram.

Comment

Totally ignore it. Do not respond in any way whatsoever to either this, or any further chasing up letters they send. Act as though it just never happened and let them waste their money.

If you do respond it could possibly be used against you by them as acknowledging that some sort of contract existed between the two parties - it is important that this should not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
            If you do respond it could possibly be used against you by them as acknowledging that some sort of contract existed between the two parties - it is important that this should not happen.
            Even if one were to "sign" the letter (using a handwriting font) as "Hugh Janus"?

Comment

Second letter received. The amount has now increased to £110 due to an additional £40 due to costs and administration involved!

Also, a bit I like - and know its bull, but am sure they are not menat to put it on their letters. They can apparently register it and it will affect the ability to get credit!!
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                I am going to assume this is correct. I know with them bright yellow ones they stick to the screen / under your wiper are nothing more than a firelighter (unless a council car park), but waht about the ones / letters via post.

Thanks
                The obvious question,

What were you doing there in the first place?

If you were a customer of the premises you were visiting, then id write to the store in question and throw some serious fucks into them

Comment

Also, a bit I like - and know its bull, but am sure they are not menat to put it on their letters. They can apparently register it and it will affect the ability to get credit!!
                  If they do sue the fookers

Comment

That is a good point by Paul if it was for shopping and you was in a stores car park which had a 1 hr limit say how many people get there shopping done and dusted in an hr not many if any at all

Comment

Hey you want to know the best way of getting out of a parking fine.....

ER how about parking/paying for the correct time..........

It actually does quite annoy me when carparks/metres/bays have clearly up the charges and penalites and yet people still decide that it is their right to park then and then moan if they have overstayed their parking at getting a fine.....

I understand sometimes there is an emergency and you can't help being late - yep I've done that and got a fine - but i just paid it.

Recently both myself and Mr Loo got parking tickets overturned - my ticket that was stuck to my windscreen came unstuck (hottest day of the year!) and after some moaning and the proof that I had acutally paid for over 5 hours of parking they overturned it - and Mr Loo similar as he shut the door the ticket blew off on to the passenger seat - again (different council) after someone moaning they over turned it - but in both these cases we had both paid for parking for correct amount of time.

I'm sure this is not going to be a popular comment.... but hey ho

O and I also recently got a ticket for a no left turn - very annoying - was in a place i wasn't sure of and followed someone else...... ugh stupid of me.. but nothing I could do but to pay up.

Comment

Fair points all, but can I point out its not me this relates to please.

As to if they were shopping all the time, I dont know, but doubt it.

The fine is for overstaying on a free car park - two hours I think and car was there just over three.

Comment

Well sorry if the sign was clear that it was free for 2 hours only - then 2 hours only it is (we have a few free bays around like that near where I work at weekends and they are very clearly marked Mon-Sat 9.30-5.30 - permit holders or 2 hours free but no return within a 4 hour period).

Paul I noticed you said about contacting the shop (if it was a shop carpark?) I was wondering about this as our local M and S used to have free parking for first hour. They then changed it to 50p (but you get that back on your shopping) but when they changed over there was a big sign as you went in saying - please not changes to parking charges and M and S do not accept any repsonbility for people getting clamped/charged ou need to contact the parking company (obv was worded a bit better than that)

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                            The obvious question,

What were you doing there in the first place?
                            Also:
                            1. Did anyone see him doing it?
                            2. With whom (if anyone) was he doing it?
                            3. Were any horses frightened thereby?

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
                              It actually does quite annoy me when carparks/metres/bays have clearly up the charges and penalites and yet people still decide that it is their right to park then and then moan if they have overstayed their parking at getting a fine.....

Recently both myself and Mr Loo got parking tickets overturned - my ticket that was stuck to my windscreen came unstuck (hottest day of the year!) and after some moaning and the proof that I had acutally paid for over 5 hours of parking they overturned it - and Mr Loo similar as he shut the door the ticket blew off on to the passenger seat - again (different council) after someone moaning they over turned it - but in both these cases we had both paid for parking for correct amount of time.

I'm sure this is not going to be a popular comment.... but hey ho
                              As the "Parking Charge Notice" described by Oscar was not issued on behalf of a council, it would appear that you have missed the point(s) being made.

Comment

Working...
                              X