GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script A whole years Insurance! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A whole years Insurance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A whole years Insurance!

My son had a car accident and they wrote the car off instantly,( literally over the phone) old car v reg, he hit the guy in front so his fault. I made a bit of a fuss as it could have been repaired cheaply but I didn't win so they paid out. The thing is the insurance company ageas told me the insurance was cancelled from that day and to cancel direct debits. NOW the broker First for insurance is insisting we pay the full years premium ( more than we got for the car). I have found out since that had we have been able to replace the car quicker, we could still be using the insurance thus not wasting it. Well then give us the money a bit quicker and we could have!!!! never using a broker AGAIN>

Re: A whole years Insurance!

write in and formally complain to whoever told you to cancel the policy and then if they don't resolve it complain to the FOS. Follow basic complaints processes mate, they're all regulated firms so they cannot treat you this way - copy the other complainant into anything you do so they know what's happening.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Although i am not good at letter writing I am going to give it a go as this is causing so much dam stress, my son has aspergers and its his only escape when his driving a car & the only way I can get him to appointments. If I give them the money they paid out for the car I cannot replace it. They say its in the small print you have to pay full premium on a fault claim so probably wont get anywhere.

Comment

The same thing happened to a friend of ours, they paid their insurance monthly direct debit, the car was written off but they still had to pay up the full premium.

Comment

email me a draft of what you want to send and I will look at it for you - see if I can help with some regulatory stuff.....

webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

You might struggle here because on your insurance agents website terms, it clearly states that THEY do not allow cancellation (without full payment) - regardless of what Ageas (the insurer) says.

To cancel your policy please telephone our Customer Services Department on 01344 286199 or email info@first.co.uk in the first instance. They will advise you of the process required for your insurer and can help you look for alternative cover if appropriate. Cancelling your instalment plan does NOT cancel your policy, and the payments made to date are unlikely to cover costs in the event of cancellation. Any remaining balance can be cleared in one payment or you must continue with the instalments until this is paid. Cancellation fees and costs apply whether the policy is cancelled by you or us, regardless of reason. If there has been ANY claim, the full premium will be payable with no refund due. Optional add ons are also cancelled if the main motor policy is cancelled.
            Linky --> http://www.first.co.uk/terms.html

The Ageas FAQ's sit here --> https://www.ageas.co.uk/make-a-claim...surance-claims

Comment

As I thought! I wont bother then.

Comment

Originally posted by joshing View Post
                As I thought! I wont bother then.
                Don't give up yet - tell me more, via email, be specific so I can understand your problem and we can try and appeal to their nicer side..... How much was the policy / the payout / the balance left on insurance etc - please tell me by email for privacy.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Don't give up yet - tell me more, via email, be specific so I can understand your problem and we can try and appeal to their nicer side..... How much was the policy / the payout / the balance left on insurance etc - please tell me by email for privacy.

Thanks

Did you receive my email Niddy and what do you think? worth a go or not, they have now started to leave messages on my mobile. Bloody kids! wish insurance companies would just find you a replacement!!! car that is not kid.

Comment

Nidds away for a week but knowing him he may pop in from time to time so keep a check on your mail box
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I did get your email but I also replied and based on the amounts involved I thought you said you'd just pay it.

If you don't want to then cancel the DD and don't. They can't do much to you

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        I did get your email but I also replied and based on the amounts involved I thought you said you'd just pay it.

If you don't want to then cancel the DD and don't. They can't do much to you
                        Ok thanks Niddy il ignore for now see what happens.

Comment

Didnt waste much time did they!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	car.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	1401670

Comment

Regal they still around !!
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Seems so! Dam quick at firing off letters too.

Comment

Working...
                              X