GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Idiot of a Brother - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idiot of a Brother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiot of a Brother

As most of you know my 93 year old mum is getting to be a bit of a hand full. Last weekend she was taken by my brother and his partner to the local hospital as her knee had swollen up(mums not his partners)
    I knew about her knee last week as she had been to the Drs who had given her some stronger painkillers, and she was getting muddled as to when to take them,now I had been in discussion with mum that if she was having difficulty walking to let me know as I was off work this week and could come and help her( didn't know i was going to go down with flu)
    anywho, got a text on Sat to say she had been taken to Hospital, then got another later to say He was phoning the council on Monday to see about getting her some help.
    my daughter text and asked me to phone the housing association and see if mum could move into the ground floor flat that had just become empty over the road from mum, so because I have lost my voice, I emailed brother with a long winded reason of how he could ask the housing and tell them they would be getting a 3 bed family house in exchange, but that she would not go into sheltered so they couldn't expect her to move if she couldn't get the flat.
    I was confident that I could convince her this was the best option for her as, she keeps saying brother and co are trying to put her away. this was Sunday evening.

Tuesday I got a one liner off brother that says" It will have to be sheltered, I've put her name on the rehousing list"!!!

I have been trying for10 years to get her to do this and he thinks he can just get her to agree to move?

she has lived at this house for 56 years, Gave birth to my younger brother there and also buried him from there, he expects her to just walk away, the mans a Bloody LOONIE

As I will, no doubt, be the one to pick up the pieces and take all the flack, I have emailed the housing dept, and asked for more info on the places that are available for her and explained the exact reason for ,said brothers call,
    I have also explained that because mum is deaf they are not to take offense if they call her when she slams the phone down on them or tells them to "PISS OFF"

my rant for today is over, no doubt more will follow. NW xx
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Idiot of a Brother

Rant away my dear xxx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sending you a big hug NW
      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Comment

That's what's good about AAD...you can have a rant about anything and get it off your chest. Sending and hope you're feeling better soon. It's just typical that, when you work with children, you become ill in the holidays. My DD's a teacher and she's ill...not good, especially as my 6 year old GD has come down with chicken pox.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

many thanks, hugs are very much needed.
            I feel like i've let her down

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post

You've been a rock for your Mum, I remember all your posts about her..............so don't think you have let her down, you've done more than enough NW.....honest xxx
              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

You haven't let her down NW

Comment

You haven't let her down NW

If anyone has, it's your brother.

Comment

You haven't let her down, just see what happens. If you want family grief ........ OH and brother have fallen out. Brother arranged for mum to go in to sheltered accommodation (slight dementia, though he was in denial) and she went slightly madder. Just before Xmas decided she needed to go in to a home, became even more madder. OH has been visiting her, despite brother not telling him in anything, and now she has to go to very secure accommodation as she has totally flipped, doesn't seem to know anything and has taken to punching old ladies and hitting nurses with walking sticks! None of the residents had eaten for nearly 2 weeks and then they discovered that mother in law had told everyone that they were trying to poison them and they were all too scared to eat!

Comment

think that will be me Cym, just a thought do they have care homes like we have in Spain?

Comment

probably although they tend more to look after family at home

anyway that's not a problem yet.

parents are just difficult, it's sometimes like dealing with very small children but they have their own money and can drive!

Comment

only driving mum does is me up the wall.

I have had a reply to my email. It has been passed to a housing officer and they will be intouch with me tomorrow,
                          then I will find out if brother dearest asked about the flat or just said she need to go in sheltered

Comment

Driving!!!!!!! Mother in law was always a poor driver and before her keys were confiscated she rammed the car in front of her because it wasn't going fast enough and forgot to take her foot off the accelerator whilst reversing at the doctors and parked on the bonnet of a car

Comment

FiL has macular degeneration, he squints out of one eye.......................last time I needed a lift (very very rare occurrence) he hit a roundabout and went around twice, I never saw the second circuit cos I had my eyes shut........

his brain is fine it's just that both want to do the same as they did 20 years ago and can't..............I kind of sympathise cos I'll probably be a total nightmare.

Comment

Working...
                              X