GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script £53 a week - prove it IDS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

£53 a week - prove it IDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £53 a week - prove it IDS

Sign the petition here:

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...e-on-53-a-week

Re: £53 a week - prove it IDS

I signed yesterday.

He might be able to live on £53 for a week but not for a few months.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I say drop it to £5pw for bus fares and food vouchers for the rest.

£53 is too much. Way too much.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

LOL Niddy,

I bet Ian Duncan Smith used a week when hes electric bill wasnt due.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm just kidding anyway

I'm sure this was tested before and the mp failed miserably to live within his means.

Anyhoo, some scroats deserve £5.30. Let alone £53 * is that REALLY the amount of dole they pay nowadays? I recall it being £27.50 which was ample (back then). I'd shudder to see how you can live on that now
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

To damn right I shall be signing this!!!!

Muppet!!!

Love to see him struggling on paying the bills, feeding himself, keeping warm etc, the list we pay out for one week is endless and what about mortgage/rent??? Fool!!! lol.

Comment

Update Osborne surfaces as Duncan Smith petition passes 100,000 signatures

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                I say drop it to £5pw for bus fares and food vouchers for the rest.

£53 is too much. Way too much.
                Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                I'm just kidding anyway

I'm sure this was tested before and the mp failed miserably to live within his means.

Anyhoo, some scroats deserve £5.30. Let alone £53 * is that REALLY the amount of dole they pay nowadays? I recall it being £27.50 which was ample (back then). I'd shudder to see how you can live on that now
                Good job I read on before I replied to your earlier post Niddy!

I'm wondering if IDS thinks the £53 a week is just for food, not bills etc.

Comment

Listen, if i found myself out of work, i would need £80 a week just to live on.

My mortgage interest is around £500 a month
                  My electric and gas is about £200 a quarter, and would rise if i was home everyday.
                  Council tax bill

So £53 quid a week, would not be enough for me to live on, and im no way rich.

Comment

I need a car for when I do have work (can be called on to work up to 25 miles away at very short notice) so there's car tax, insurance, fuel and maintenance/repairs in addition to food and household bills.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                      I'm wondering if IDS thinks the £53 a week is just for food, not bills etc.
                      He actually does/ He said earlier "after my rent and bills are paid".... which suggests he thinks that you have £53 AFTER paying all bills....

Bunch of tossers - all of em

Comment

Although its all political points scoring and good fun and games to bait a politician one thing I do actually agree with is the benifit cap.

Can anyone honestly agree if you are benifits you should expect the state to hand out up to £26,000pa.?????? Thats the new cap coming in.

Thats median earnings which would suggest someone hitting this ceiling is actually getting more than half the working population.

There are supposed to be 56,000 claimants who will be affected by this cap and lose.

Sorry thats welfare gone mad. I would be ashamed to ask the state to hand that to me for nothing in return.

Comment

I agree with you Ken, the cap should be a lot (and I mean a lot) lower.

I've never earned £26K pa in my life (though if I could manage to get a permanent post I'd be earning more than that instead of claiming benefits)
                          Last edited by Pixie; 2 April 2013, 18:11.

Comment

£53 a week is ridiculous! Especially when you live in London!

The unemployed are supposed to find work, right? That means attending interviews. An off-peak travelcard costs £8.90, double for one that allows travel at peak times. You can't always request an interview at any time you want. So everytime you have an interview you have to stop eating for a day or two. And sometimes they ask you to go more than once, or you have to go to the agency first and then there is no job available, but you still have to spend your benefit on travel.

The DWP used to have a travel to interview benefit but it only applied when you went out of town. They should really reimburse you for travelling to an interview, should be easy to verify you attended one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                              I agree with you Ken, the cap should be a lot (and I mean a lot) lower.

I've never earned £26K pa in my life (though if I could manage to get a permanent post I'd be earning more than that instead of claiming benefits)
                              You guys probably live in a cheaper part of the country. In London you have to pay £1000 a month for a one bedroom flat and a lot more for a family home. When they talk about the total benefits families receive, that includes housing benefit, but that just goes towards the rent not family expenses. In some parts of town housing benefit allowances are very high but so are the rents and even with the high allowances there is still a shortfall.

They can't just say one size fits all, it depends on where you are. In London it's not that unusual to earn a salary of £26k but it wouldn't go very far with the transport and housing costs.

Comment

Working...
                              X