GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lending Stream and Sunny Problems - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lending Stream and Sunny Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lending Stream and Sunny Problems

Hi

I am in need of a little advice. I currently have 3 loans with Lending Stream and 3 loans with Sunny and unfortunately am unable to make the full payments. I have contacted them with regards a repayment plan but have yet to hear from them.

I want to know if I will get into trouble as I unfortunately lied on my applications. I stated that I was self employed earning £1900 per month when in fact I am unemployed. I know I should not have done this but I am/ was an alcoholic and gambling addict. I have now stopped my gambling and am still working on the alcoholism. I am just worried they could take legal action if they find out.

I also read on here that it is irresponsible lending to give me 3 loans at the same time. I have also been constantly paying off and taking out new loans with both of them due to gambling (winning/losing). Should I be looking into this or should I just keep quiet and accept a repayment plan so that they don't realise that I lied on the application.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Lending Stream and Sunny Problems

Hi and welcome.

SaltnVinegar is our PDL expert but he doesn't usually log on until the evening. I know you shouldn't have lied on your applications but surely the PDLs should have asked for proof of earnings?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Pixie.

A quick update. Sunny have emailed me to say they have put my loans on hold for 30 days in order for me to phone them and arrange a repayment plan.

I guess I will wait and see what SaltnVinegar says first before I call them.

Thanks again

Comment

Hey

Didn't want to read and run, I've been stupidly busy with work and not been around much so apologies I've not popped in sooner. I'll log back in later tonight and see what I can do to help.

Best
        SnV
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Congratulations on coping with your gambling habit, I wish you well with overcoming your alcohol addiction, I know how hard it is to stop something that has helped you cope in the past, my brother suffered the same problem, he suffered with depression and drink helped him cope (for a time) in the end it controlled his life.

If you need to talk we are here to listen, no judgements here, we don't just help with debt, we are like one big family xxxx

Comment

Thanks everyone. Look forward to hearing from you later.

The gambling issue was a direct result of the drinking. I.e I got bored and didn't think things through as I was drunk. So stop the alcohol and everything else sorts itself out. The drinking is a result of working in Thailand for 5 years and then coming back to England and being unable to find a job which of course leads to depression then drinking. Drinking with the lads on a Friday night is fine, drinking at home everyday on my own is not. Feel like I'm getting it under control now and it is the single most important thing in my life right now, not these Payday lenders who give me money no questions asked. If they had done any sort of reasonable checks then they wouldn't have given me the money.

Comment

good that you realise that your health and well being are more important than the loan sharks demands. keep fighting xxx

Comment

Quick update from Lending Stream.

They are asking for income/expenditure which is fair enough, but they are also asking for a copy of your P45, Job Seeker Allowance document or a Letter of Termination as a proof of loss of employment.
                What should I do as obviously I cannot provide anything apart from my Job Seeker Allowance document, which would show I was never employed when I too out the loan. They said they needed this info to setup the repayment plan and would freeze interest once the plan is setup.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by thaiguru76 View Post
                  The gambling issue was a direct result of the drinking. I.e I got bored and didn't think things through as I was drunk. So stop the alcohol and everything else sorts itself out. The drinking is a result of working in Thailand for 5 years and then coming back to England and being unable to find a job which of course leads to depression then drinking. Drinking with the lads on a Friday night is fine, drinking at home everyday on my own is not. Feel like I'm getting it under control now and it is the single most important thing in my life right now, not these Payday lenders who give me money no questions asked. If they had done any sort of reasonable checks then they wouldn't have given me the money.
                  Good for you for getting the whole drinking and gambling thing under control.

Debt is never a positive choice. It happens when life goes silly. Been there done that.

Let's see if we can help you sort this PDL stuff and any other debts you may have.

It's what we do.

Plan B x

Comment

Hi

I am in need of a little advice. I currently have 3 loans with Lending Stream and 3 loans with Sunny and unfortunately am unable to make the full payments. I have contacted them with regards a repayment plan but have yet to hear from them.

I want to know if I will get into trouble as I unfortunately lied on my applications. I stated that I was self employed earning £1900 per month when in fact I am unemployed. I know I should not have done this but I am/ was an alcoholic and gambling addict. I have now stopped my gambling and am still working on the alcoholism. I am just worried they could take legal action if they find out.

I also read on here that it is irresponsible lending to give me 3 loans at the same time. I have also been constantly paying off and taking out new loans with both of them due to gambling (winning/losing). Should I be looking into this or should I just keep quiet and accept a repayment plan so that they don't realise that I lied on the application.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Thai

Don't worry, no-one here is at all judgemental, our aim here is to help people and not critique your personal circumstances. The fact that you lied on your application form cannot be ignored, however that does raise a question on responsible lending as they should have validated your income.

But for now I need the following information for each of the loans. I know theres a lot to find out, but the more info you can provide, then the more I can help depending on your answers.

• Date loan taken out?
                    • How much was the initial loan for?
                    • How much have you repaid to date?

• Date a payment was last made?
                    • Status (i.e. did you discuss a payment arrangement or just stop paying)?
                    • When applying for the loan did you have to fill out an application form and do you have a copy?
                    • During the application for the loan were you given any pre-contact information or fact sheet so you could assess the affordability of the loan that was being offered to you and do you have a copy?
                    • Were you given a credit agreement and if so do you have a copy?
                    • Did you ever roll over the loan and if so how many times?
                    • If you rolled over the it would be helpful to understand the following - the amount of money you have repaid in total compared to the capital lent
                    • If you rolled over the loan were you provided new pre-contract information and new credit agreement each time and if so do you have copies?
                    • Did you receive any arrears notice/letter also containing information on where you can go to get advice on your debts?
                    • Have you received any sort of default or termination notice to your POSTAL address?
                    • When was the last time you sent any correspondence to them (either by email or post)?
                    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Comment

Quick update from Lending Stream.

They are asking for income/expenditure which is fair enough, but they are also asking for a copy of your P45, Job Seeker Allowance document or a Letter of Termination as a proof of loss of employment.
                      What should I do as obviously I cannot provide anything apart from my Job Seeker Allowance document, which would show I was never employed when I too out the loan. They said they needed this info to setup the repayment plan and would freeze interest once the plan is setup.

Thanks again.
                      Don't worry about that for now, you're under no obligation to provide them with anything. Answer my questions above and we'll take things from there.

Comment

Thanks SnV.

I have sent you a pm with my loan details including previous loans.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks again for all your help

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                          for now I need the following information for each of the loans. I know there's a lot to find out, but the more info you can provide, then the more I can help depending on your answers.
                          Thanks SnV.

I have sent you a pm with my loan details including previous loans.

Let me know if you need more info.
                          Can you make a separate post on this thread for each of the PDLs with the answers to all of SnV's questions in post # 10.

It makes it easier for us to deal with everything if it's on the forum. Obviously if you have any sensitive issues you can raise those by PM afterwards.

We look forward to helping you get this sorted

Plan B x

Comment

Hi everyone

Here is a copy of the details I sent to SnV via pm.

Thanks for helping me with this.

Sunny Loan No XXXX7480 - Details click to collapse contents

Application date
                            Fri 16 Oct 2015

Loan Amount
                            £500.00

Interest per day
                            0.8%

Term (months)

Total Amount Outstanding
                            £516.00

Loan No XXXX0207 - Details click to collapse contents

Application date
                            Thu 1 Oct 2015

Loan Amount
                            £100.00

Interest per day
                            0.8%

Term (months)

Total Amount Outstanding
                            £32.84

Loan No XXXX5539 - Details click to collapse contents

Application date
                            Fri 21 Aug 2015

Loan Amount
                            £150.00

Interest per day
                            0.8%

Term (months)

Total Amount Outstanding
                            £30.53

Previous Sunny Loans
                            Loan No XXXX1764 - Details click to collapse contents

Application date
                            Sun 27 Sep 2015

Loan Amount
                            £200.00

Interest per day
                            0.8%

Term (months)

Total Amount Outstanding
                            £0.00

Loan No XXXX7487 - Details click to collapse contents

Application date
                            Mon 21 Sep 2015

Loan Amount
                            £100.00

Interest per day
                            0.8%

Term (months)

Total Amount Outstanding
                            £0.00

Loan No XXXX3586 - Details click to collapse contents

Application date
                            Wed 2 Sep 2015

Loan Amount
                            £50.00

Interest per day
                            0.8%

Term (months)

Total Amount Outstanding
                            £0.00

Loan No XXXX9885 - Details click to collapse contents

Application date
                            Sun 16 Aug 2015

Loan Amount
                            £50.00

Interest per day
                            0.8%

Term (months)

Total Amount Outstanding
                            £0.00

Loan No XXXX6328 - Details click to collapse contents

Application date
                            Thu 13 Aug 2015

Loan Amount
                            £100.00

Interest per day
                            0.8%

Term (months)

Total Amount Outstanding
                            £0.00

I was provided with credit agreements and I can download them from the Sunny website if needed.

Lending Stream.

• Loan ID: XXXXX0222
                            • Opened: 18 October 2015
                            • Loan Amount £220
                            • Owing £227.04

• Loan ID: XXXXX0635
                            • Opened: 08 October 2015
                            • Loan Amount £50
                            • Owing £33.65

• Loan ID: XXXX1184
                            • Opened: 01 October 2015
                            • Loan Amount £50
                            • Owing £24.62

Previous Lending Stream loans

Your loan history

[TABLE="class: table table-alt table-collapse"]
                            [TR]
                            [TH]Loan Amount[/TH]
                            [TH]Loan ID[/TH]
                            [TH]Opened[/TH]
                            [TH]Completed[/TH]
                            [TH]Download[/TH]
                            [/TR]
                            [TR]
                            [TD]£150.00[/TD]
                            [TD]#152280902[/TD]
                            [TD]Aug. 16, 2015[/TD]
                            [TD]Sept. 25, 2015, 4:01 p.m.[/TD]
                            [TD]
                            Last edited by PlanB; 21 October 2015, 11:07. Reason: removed account numbers for security reasons :)

Comment

For some reason the Lending Stream Loan History didn't paste correctly. I'll look into that

Comment

Working...
                              X