GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cheapest pre pay card? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheapest pre pay card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapest pre pay card?

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the cheapest pre pay credit cards are?

I want to have a couple pre loaded as emergency options when I go travelling in December. The idea is to have about £100 each on them and keep them seperate to the rest of my money and cards in case I get mugged or something, so that I've got a fall back.

If I don't spend off them while I'm away I'd either just take the money back out, or use it for normal expenses when I'm back.

Re: Cheapest pre pay card?

Hi,

I use cashplus.
    You can take alook here>>>>>>MasterCard Prepaid Credit Cards | Instant Approval Cashplus Card
    I think the price they charge is reasonable.
    Or if you found something better, please share!! :-)

bobo x
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle!

Comment

I might have some news on these soon, as I'm currently in discussions with someone who 'sells' these, but at the moment they aren't available to the general public.

He was one of my best mates at school, and he owns the company so I'm doing my best to work on him!

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
        I might have some news on these soon, as I'm currently in discussions with someone who 'sells' these, but at the moment they aren't available to the general public.

He was one of my best mates at school, and he owns the company so I'm doing my best to work on him!
        That will be great news. I will pass the news on to my friends that needs pre paid cards. Thanks! x

Comment

o2 money card (if you are a o2 customer), should be bringing back there money card again (everything was FREE: Transfer to CC, cash withdrawls at ATM, no monthly or yearly fee, no %). Should be launched in 2012
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
            o2 money card (if you are a o2 customer), should be bringing back there money card again (everything was FREE: Transfer to CC, cash withdrawls at ATM, no monthly or yearly fee, no %). Should be launched in 2012
            These were one of the best out there - however we're also looking into something similar as it's easy to become a card owner/brand via newcastle BS - but we're trying to get a totally free one for debtors, they don't seem keen to foot the cost but I am still arguing.......

In the meantime, I would strongly suggest not using that cashplus card as it is actually very dear....

The FX card was recently voted as being quite good wasn't it?
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

o2 used Natwest at the time -

thanks for the update Niddy (hope something can be done - fingers crossed)
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Also Freedom card is a rip off too (they charge £30 to cancel, otherway round is to let the card expire, then its automatically cancelled as they say on the T&C)

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                  o2 used Natwest at the time -

thanks for the update Niddy (hope something can be done - fingers crossed)
                  Yea but o2 footed the bill, not Natpest

I mean, most branded cards you see out there are issued via Newcastle BS - ie they are one of the main issuers and give affiliate accounts with set pricing so to reduce it the customer (ie vendor) takes the hit, not the bank!
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thought I was getting a good deal with cashplus.......going to let it expire and wait for the updates for the pre paid cards on this forum. Thank you all for the advise x

Comment

Originally posted by Ames View Post
                      Hi all,

Does anyone know what the cheapest pre pay credit cards are?

I want to have a couple pre loaded as emergency options when I go travelling in December.
                      Hi Ames

This can be a bit of a minefield as there are often monthly charges, usage charges, top up charges, as well as the card's upfront cost. Where are you travelling, UK or abroad ?

I have a couple of Escape cards, one a UK £ one for emergency use (building up an emergency pot) and a Euro one for holiday use. If you go to money supermarket.com you can get usually get them either for free or at a reduced price, regular price is £9.99 for 3 year card, I think !

Top up either card with cash for FREE at Phones4U stores, may be charges if you use other methods. So only really useful if you have a Ph4U store nearby.

No monthly fees on either as long as it is used at least once every 3 months. I just top the Euro one up with £10/ month when I buy credit for my PAYG phone.

No charges on the UK one for purchases or online use, CHARGE for using a cash dispenser though, so best not to do this if you can help it.

No charges on the Euro card for purchases or use at foreign ATMs. This worked well for me as I was able to withdraw holiday spending money every couple of days, with no charges and at a good exchange rate.

I also had an O2 card which was the best / cheapest for UK use but like others am waiting to see what the new version will offer.

Hope that helps anyone considering one of these types of cards.

MK
                      One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
                      Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Thanks everyone, I'll look into all the suggestions.

MK, I'm travelling abroad, in Eastern Europe, not all the countries I'll be visiting are in the Eurozone though.

The other option, which I don't really want to do, is to try for a Vanquis card and cancel it when I get home. The worry though is that I wont cancel it, and my definition of 'emergency use' will change with my moods...

Comment

Originally posted by Ames View Post
                          Thanks everyone, I'll look into all the suggestions.

MK, I'm travelling abroad, in Eastern Europe, not all the countries I'll be visiting are in the Eurozone though.

The other option, which I don't really want to do, is to try for a Vanquis card and cancel it when I get home. The worry though is that I wont cancel it, and my definition of 'emergency use' will change with my moods...
                          I hate doing this, but I have to refer you to MSE for the best card available for what you want..

---> Cheap Travel Money: Top cards for spending abroad...

Specifically this here: ---> Cheap Travel Money: Top cards for spending abroad...

FX is one of the better ones, as I stated earlier

Comment

o2 New card due 2012:

Comment

Cheers 5corpio.

I'm going to get a couple of Tesco ones - one in £ and one in Euros, IIRC the Euros one is free to load and spend, and the £ one has a small fee to load and is free to spend.

Comment

Working...
                              X