GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script co op cashminder - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

co op cashminder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• co op cashminder

ah the bankrupts bank of choice (or so I thought)

been bankrupt 6+ yrs now cleaned credit files etc and watched everything drop off credit files 12th March 2012...asked a couple of times if I could have the account upgraded they said once i'd been BR 6yrs they would chat

Last week had to go into branch on a rare occasion asked quietly at the cash till only for the teller to shout VERY loudly to me "oh you cant have an upgraded account as your still Bankrupt according to my computer.." I asked how much longer then?? she suggested 6yrs from discharge!!! I said you'd better check your information as it's very wrong...she wouldnt budge...this conversation as well (at least her side) went on infront of a busy friday morning bank queue...never embarrassed in my life as much as I was, i've been stressing about it all week & decided to ring the customer services they cant discuss my account all he could say was I had an "adverse" marker...he suggested I rang back in June to see if its fell off their system, I said no way would I go into branch again with credit files as they now show nothing no bankrupcy zilch as i have enough issues with mobility etc (would mean OH had to have an hour or so off to go with me as branch isnt local)

so left fuming...along with a 20 minute 0845 call (no alternative on saynoto0870)

so good luck if you should want to go the route I wanted to
    Last edited by philnicandamy; 17 May 2013, 17:39.

Re: co op cashminder

Sorry to hear about what happened Phil. Not sure if this helps, but im sure i've read on AAD that Barclays will offer ex-bankruptcy if thats any help?
    best,
    Missy
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
      Sorry to hear about what happened Phil. Not sure if this helps, but im sure i've read on AAD that Barclays will offer ex-bankruptcy if thats any help?
      best,
      Missy

thanks missy barclays were one of my largest creditors and today they've accepted me for a full account small o/d chequebook etc told them they can keep all the bolt ons dont need them just online banking etc and i'm happy!

co-op's loss barclays gain

Comment

result!
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
          thanks missy barclays were one of my largest creditors and today they've accepted me for a full account small o/d chequebook etc told them they can keep all the bolt ons dont need them just online banking etc and i'm happy!

Bloody hell! That is some kind of result, isn't it? How the hell did you pull that off?

What is your income status? Have you got a regular wage coming in from an employer, or are you self-employed?

I can't get a proper bank account from anywhere to save my life, even though every default on my file should be at least five years old, I've got no existing debt, and I've never bounced a cheque or had a bank account go overdrawn in my entire life.

It doesn't bother me, because I've still got my old current account from before all of the trouble started, and I've also got a Bank of Baroda saving account which comes with a debit card and chequebook. It does make you realise just how insane the system is, as if anybody needed to be told that.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post

Hmmm be careful mate, Barclays are renowned for trying to utilise RoSO on older debts - just saying, be very careful. Yea you get the money back but it can take some complaining and if you reply on set income week to week then you may find yourself short whilst you are arguing with them/fos.

They may not, but it's not unheard of with that bank!

Was it an instant accept, in branch (or phone/online?)
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Hmmm be careful mate, Barclays are renowned for trying to utilise RoSO on older debts - just saying, be very careful.
              I can definitely vouch for Niddy's warning on this one. Check out my own horror story:

Barclaycard raided my bank account! - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

Originally posted by evilcartman View Post
                I can definitely vouch for Niddy's warning on this one. Check out my own horror story:

Barclaycard raided my bank account! - allaboutFORUMS
                Yep that was one of the three on here I was referring to mate
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Hmmm be careful mate, Barclays are renowned for trying to utilise RoSO on older debts - just saying, be very careful.
                  Didn't philnicandamy go bankrupt?

Are there known cases of Sharklays stealing from accounts opened after a bankruptcy to pay alleged debts which were included in the bankruptcy?

SH

Comment

No mate but that's not what I ever implied

I was just saying be careful. They are buggers. Yea it gets sorted but its a pain in the ass.

Barclays are pretty bad behaved really (libor anyone lol)!

Comment

will be careful thats why for now i'm keeping low ammounts and watching what they do...so thanks guys for the warning

and yep..they have been known to be a law to themselves after taking money once bankrupt from peoples accounts..i've helped umpteen people getting it sorted in the past

(and niddy..was opened in branch & credit checked as well)
                      Last edited by philnicandamy; 22 May 2013, 08:13.

Comment

hought i'd have a little update

what with one thing and another only just got round to registering dd's etc with the barclays account..tried this morning to use the mobile banking app they supposedly registered me for in branch when I opened this account..wont let me do anything apparently access to all online bits & bobs are restricted because of an insolvency marker

now..I find this weird because the person who opened this acc in the 1st place NEVER said a thing told me i'd passed credit checks etc so bloody annoyed now after all this hassle along with nearly an hours worth of phonecalls to wait for a reply so i'm dammed if I have to pay for a discharge cert from the courts just to satisfy these morons..

fuckwits....(pardon my french)
                        Last edited by philnicandamy; 21 July 2013, 11:48.

Comment

This is Barclays, our new "ethical" bank. What do you expect?

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                            This is Barclays, our new "ethical" bank. What do you expect?
                            I know..... Lol

Comment

Forms came through for hubbys new cashminder account.. I have a couple of questions though :-)

1) I said dont put a telephone number, just say no telephone available
                              2) I also said we shouldn't have a joint account any more but then I'm not sure if Santander is connected to any of the debts in my diary so might not matter.

Comment

Working...
                              X