GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Savings Account with ChequeBook & Debit Card - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Savings Account with ChequeBook & Debit Card

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MattyA
    replied
    Re: Savings Account with ChequeBook & Debit Card

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
    I will have a proper look at this - Is money deposited covered, as with high dtreet banks, if the bank goes belly up?

Thanks for the answers peeps - I know it is a mad question from someone in my position , but Niddy knows the reason why I ask.

Matty

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

It is possible to run as a main account however you may get charges so please be warned - BUT it is handy to set-up just to get yourself the facility of a full on debit card, a cheque book and a credit card.

Credit cards vary from £500 to £15k limits.

best of luck everyone
    Slow response to your useful tip-off due to time spent on Google trying to source Baroda (I must have been off school that day and missed a vital geography lesson). If they've got more than 3,500 branches in India they must be getting something right. Only a few here in Soutthal, Wembley, Whitechapel and Burmingham - so hope they don't smell a rat when we all apply with obvious Anglo-Saxon names.

Do you know whether they report or file customer performance to Exquifax, Experian and Call Credit? Savings accounts are not normally on the CRAs.
    Last edited by PlanB; 17 August 2011, 16:52. Reason: spelling as usual

Leave a comment:

• swanfan
    replied

The limit is £85,000 for an individual.

£170,000 for a joint account.

Safe savings advice: Compensation rules | This is Money

Leave a comment:

• pompeyfaith
    replied

Should be up to £250,000 as the limit was raised

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
    I will have a proper look at this - Is money deposited covered, as with high dtreet banks, if the bank goes belly up?
    Yep, as far as I know....

Its a normal bank

Leave a comment:

• MattyA
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Shameless bump to get this back to the top so it gets read more!

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Forgot to mention, DO NOT apply for their credit card for at least 6 months of using their savings account as a main account. Obviously it means forgoing Direct Debits (if they do charge - this is unconfirmed by me) - however you can pay cash and/or use cheques.

It is possible to run as a main account however you may get charges so please be warned - BUT it is handy to set-up just to get yourself the facility of a full on debit card, a cheque book and a credit card.

Credit cards vary from £500 to £15k limits.

best of luck everyone

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    started a topic Savings Account with ChequeBook & Debit Card

Savings Account with ChequeBook & Debit Card

This thread is to assist those that want a fully functioning credit type account, without the credit scoring/declines that usually follow suit to people that are in debt.

We aim to source and notify you of all suitable products that is relevant to you, as a debtor, to allow you the opportunity to get back onto the credit ladder. The following account has been tried and tested and verified as genuine - with no credit check (so long as you select the correct account type).

Ok, so what is this bank and how do you get yourself a full account, with chequebook?

It's simple - go here: ---> Bank of Baroda » Retail Banking » Deposit Products » Savings Accounts
    * Note - you are applying for a savings account - NOT the current account [more on this to follow shortly]
    See the perks here:
    • Simplest deposit option for hassle free operation
    • Easy to understand Terms and Conditions. No hidden costs or fine prints
    • Account can be opened with a minimum balance of GBP 100
    • Account can be opened in GBP, USD and Euro currencies
    • Interest is paid every six month - 1st June and 1st December
    • Your deposits are guaranteed under FSCS
    • Operations from any of our nine branches in UK
    • Cheque and Cash deposit facility at all Natwest branches in UK
    • Free remittance facility in Indian Rupees to Bank of Baroda branches
    • Free cheque book facility
    • Free Visa Classic debit card and add-on cards
    • Facility to view account balance & transactions over Internet
    • Facility to set-up Standing Instructions for remittance and transfer of funds
    • Facility available to open joint accounts
    • Facility available to mark mandate
    • Provision to forward paper based statements every month / six months even if there are no transactions
    Ok, so you'll need to know a few things first.
    1. This account needs to remain with £100 balance otherwise you are charged for things, so it can be expensive but so long as you leave £100 credit at all times then it is free to spend using cheque and/or your debit card and free to BACS a credit into the account. If you use Natwest branches and expect a whole host of other features then the charging to this account may outweigh the positives.
    2. The account is NOT credit scored, they use GB Group - Identify Customer Records to identity check you
    3. Here are the charges relative to the savings account ---> Bank of Baroda Service Charges

So, as you can see from the above - a regular saver can now have a full bank account.....

There are only 10 UK branches BUT you can pay in etc at NatWest branches if you want (fee payable I believe). You do get a full debit card and you get a chequebook. You can also, after holding the account for at least 6 months, apply for their credit card which is given preference to existing accounts - apply using the following form: creditcard-1.pdf

You also need to open it via post as detailed here:
    (1) Identity Proof
    (any of the following documents)
    • Passport
    • Full UK driving license with photograph
    • Govt. Employees photo ID card

(2) Latest Address Proof
    (any of the following documents) - Not earlier than three months period

• Utility bill viz. Gas, Electricity, Telephone (Land Line), Water Council Tax Notice/Bill
    • Rental Agreement with Land Lord
    • Latest UK Bank statement

(3) Additional Document
    • Proof of income, if requested
    • R-85 declaration, if exemption is requested from UK tax on Interest income
    • Telecommunication Mandate, if the instructions are to be accepted on the fax message
    • Any other document as deemed necessary by the bank official
    That's it - apply for this and you'll be able to look and feel like a regular person using cheques and a full visa debit card.

Point of caution, DO NOT apply for their current account as it is a load-bearing account (basically you pay for each transaction) - thus stick to the savings account, it offers the same facilities but it is free!

Any queries, give me a shout - I have spoken to their head office and had all the above confirmed, they say upon receipt of the forms they will ring you within 48 hours and discuss the account - they have your best business interests at heart and do not hassle you.

Their card, looks like this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BoB.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	1412746

Best of luck, and enjoy

* If anyone applies please post details below.......
Working...
X