GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New 'Club Lloyds' Account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 'Club Lloyds' Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 'Club Lloyds' Account

I've been accepted (somehow!) for the Club Lloyds account that launched today (credit interest, free cinema tickets etc).

Suddenly thought, as well as it being very odd for them to take me, could it be to do with offsetting?

£1,500 needs to go through it in a month to not be charged. I have debts with Halifax (overdraft & credit card). I have a Bank of Scotland account that I stopped using, think that's at £0 though.

I had a feeling they might be part of Halifax (application page is the same etc). Wiki says the group is:
    Lloyds Bank plc
    TSB Bank plc
    Bank of Scotland plc
    Halifax

Surely TSB don't count because they got separated (and my account got sold off)? But regarding Halifax, is it actually safe to use the new Lloyds account? When the account came up on the "what we can offer you" page, I had no option to pick an overdraft (same as when I opened Lloyds), so they clearly know they've got the right person....

Re: New 'Club Lloyds' Account

They're all under LBG - Lloyds banking Group and can offset if they so wish.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: New 'Club Lloyds' Account

Hi, my again!

I've spoken to Lloyds about this, the bloke said looking at the information on the system he couldn't even understand how I'd got a Club Lloyds account, and that he's seen people with much better than that get declined for the standard classic account - which were my thoughts!

He removed the Club Lloyds for me so I don't have to pay money into it now, he asked why I was downgrading etc so I said 1.5k wouldn't be going into it (but didn't say why) and I just wanted a standard account, and they didn't give me the 'free' overdraft (understandably) so I wasn't fussed about it moving down to a normal a/c.

He asked if my problems were with credit cards, and said there was a total block on me having a credit card, and that it appears a loan would put me in difficulty so I wouldn't get one of them for the time being, but the overdraft just says 0 because I'm new, and not blocked, so I may get one in a few months!?!?

I said I had problems with Halifax overdraft & cards, and he said he didn't know how it worked with them being linked up, but as far as the computer was showing I could have one in possibly 6 months!?! So will be interesting to see, but I'm not leaving any money in it incase Halifax take it, so I'd be very surprised if they did approve one!

Comment

Working...
      X