GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script savings account with internet access and transfer - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

savings account with internet access and transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• savings account with internet access and transfer

I was thinking of opening a saving account but I want it to have internet access so I can transfer money into my bank account. The problem is although I have been without new adverse credit for over 3 years, I still have 6 figures in defaults registered.

Anybody got any idea who will have me, ( we need to discount RBS group, HSBC and barclays)
    Last edited by mgfboy; 22 May 2013, 19:21.

Re: savings account with internet access and transfer

Nobody has any ideas??????

Comment

I don't think it's that no-one has any ideas, more a case of your question being 'lost' among newer posts.

Have a look at this thread ---> Savings Account with ChequeBook Debit Card - allaboutFORUMS

ScabHunter has opened an account with them without any problems.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
        I was thinking of opening a saving account but I want it to have internet access so I can transfer money into my bank account. The problem is although I have been without new adverse credit for over 3 years, I still have 6 figures in defaults registered.

Anybody got any idea who will have me, ( we need to discount RBS group, HSBC and barclays)
        Co op cashminder has all the benefits of internet banking not sure about cheque book as we have not got one. But have a savings acc as well.ps just seen coop may sell their banking oh fuck.
        Last edited by helmsman; 25 May 2013, 08:21.

Comment

principality Building society will give you a savings account (they have given us a couple), they are unconnected to anyone, reasonable interest rate and you operate totally on the internet.

you're not credit checked for a savings account as far as I know, it's not as if you're borrowing any money, you're letting them look after your millions.............

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
            principality Building society will give you a savings account (they have given us a couple), they are unconnected to anyone, reasonable interest rate and you operate totally on the internet.

you're not credit checked for a savings account as far as I know, it's not as if you're borrowing any money, you're letting them look after your millions.............
            So is that correct your not credit checked with any bank or building soc for a deposit account????

Comment

nope, not as far as I can see

after all there is no credit involved

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                I don't think it's that no-one has any ideas, more a case of your question being 'lost' among newer posts.

Have a look at this thread ---> Savings Account with ChequeBook Debit Card - allaboutFORUMS

ScabHunter has opened an account with them without any problems.
                That is right. I didn't see this when it was first posted.

I did manage to open a Bank of Baroda saving account, and it does give you another Visa Debit card and a chequebook. One of its limitations, though, is that the online banking is too primitive to do what mgfboy is looking for.

If you've got £1,000 or more to invest, Aldermore is a good choice. Their Easy Access account is not credit scored, you can operate it online or by phone or post, and it pays 1.50 AER as long as you maintain the £1,000 balance.

Easy Access Accounts: Easy Access Savings Accounts - Aldermore Bank

I see you are in the South East, so Metro Bank might also be worth considering. Their Instant Access Savings Account only needs £100 in it to earn interest, at 1.00 AER. This also comes with online banking.

Metro Bank Online - Personal - Instant Access Savings

I think you could get a savings account in most places without being credit scored, as there is no risk involved for the bank.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
                  Co op cashminder has all the benefits of internet banking not sure about cheque book as we have not got one. But have a savings acc as well.ps just seen coop may sell their banking oh fuck.
                  As a Cashminder holder I can answer these points - this is the basic account which you should be able to get as long as you are not an undischarged bankrupt. It comes with a Smart Saver account attached. You don't get a chequebook with either.

For me, it is not remotely competitive, as it pays 0.25% AER and comes with no facilities. The Bank of Baroda account pays double that rate, and comes with a debit card and chequebook. That's why I've opened it, as when you add it to the Cashminder it gives you full banking facilities.

EDIT - I wouldn't worry, though, about the possibility of Co-op selling their banking. It may not happen, and if it does, there is the possibility that you could end up with an account with the purchaser. That is what happened to me when Santander took over A&L. Of course, if Co-op is bought by a bank you have problems with, you'd need to close it and get out of there.

SH
                  Last edited by ScabHunter; 28 May 2013, 21:39. Reason: Added info

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post

That looks a good choice for personal accounts. It's a bloody shame you can't open an account in a business name, otherwise this could have been useful in other ways.

For what mgfboy wants, though, it looks as though it will work well.

SH

Comment

Working...
                    X