GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

^ or you should be grateful she puts up with you!
    Made by God...Improved by the Devil
    Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

It's the wee one one the left that has her leg all plastered up.
      I have a feeling it's going to be a long night cos she's hurting so much she can't settle. Problem is when Dogs fight they mean it. A few years ago my Mum tried to break up a fight between 2 of Lady Hooray's Terriers, It almost cost her a Thumb.

I now pick mine up and rum to the nearest water, a Tap, Pond or what ever. If you half drown them they let go before any real damage is done. This time It happened in just a few seconds.
      What were they fighting over. A bloke of course, Flash the Black Lab bumped into them and that's what kicked it off.

I don't want to do it but I am going to have to rehome the wee one. (4 years old).

Catch you all in a while. Handy.
      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
      Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I don't want to do it but I am going to have to rehome the wee one. (4 years old).
        There's a family across the road that got a puppy about 2weeks ago. They rehomed it last week because they couldn't afford it.

I really want to ask them what the point was in getting it in the 1st place but they're so 'distraught' over it I thought I'd better not
        Last edited by Angelic; 16 August 2011, 22:17.
        Made by God...Improved by the Devil
        Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
          There's a family across the road that got a puppy about 2weeks ago. They've rehomed it last week because they couldn't afford it.

I really want to ask them what the point was in getting it in the 1st place but they're so 'distraught' over it I thought I'd better not
          Trying to get little one settled, they are just like kids, OK I'm sad I admit it.

Last year I went with Kid Sis to her Local rescue Kennels, there were some lovely pedigree dogs there. One was a year old Yellow Lab dog. I said it must be a chewer. Turned out some folks had had it for a week. The Rescue center had paid to get it nipped. When it came home from the vets it pulled a blind down in the Kitchen (if it were me I would have done more than that.) The people brought it back and asked if they could swap it for something smaller.

The girl that runs the charity told them to Pee off.

Back in a bit needed again.
          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

It was around 3 before we got the wee Border settled. She was in that much pain she didn't know where to put herself. We ended up by loosening the dressing on her leg to help get her comfortable.

Just as I opened the doors to let the other dogs out this morning she jumped off the bed and straight downstairs. The older Border hadn't got 5 feet from the door and they were fighting again.

This time it was Bonnie the old Dog who came of worst.
            My Vets love me. That's the Council Tax and Electricity bill spent with them in just over 12 hours.

I will be talking to a re-homing center tomorrow. The3 young one has to go before they kill one another.

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
              although ebay is a good idea though doubt i'd get a good price for the Mrs
              I'll offer 15/6d.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                I'll offer 15/6d.
                Glad to know someone else remembers LSD before it became an illegal substance. (best explain for the youngsters £SD, Pounds, Shillings and Pence). The days when you got your weeks wage in Cash in a Brown envelope, that wasn't a bung. It was up to you then how you spent it.

Regards all, Handy

Comment

Good Evening All. Well what a Carp Day weather wise. I don't expect many of you to appreciate the intricacies of Hedge cutting when done in the agricultural sense. Even with the rain running down my neck and out of my trouser legs (at least I hope it was rain )
                  I managed to get around 100 meters faced today. I now have to get the ladders, trestles and Chainsaw on the go to remove a least 5 feet of the height. This is only the start of 500 meters plus of hedge that has to be done in the next couple of weeks.

If anyone cares to ask how I'm feeling tonight the answer is Knockered

Thanks for your comments of a few ago when I was on about the Survival Courses. I used to enjoy setting up the exercises for the youngsters, these could be military based or Climbing,Caving, Hill Walking and so on. At one time we were getting more youngsters through the Duke of Edinburgh awards scheme than any of the Schools in our area.

Then came the clamp down on Health and Safety, Incidents such as Lyme Bay and the Scouts on Snowden didn't help much.

I got so much red tape thrown at me over Staff Numbers, Qualifications and Permissions that in the end I had a load of forms printed that said I took personal responsibility for everything, I had organised the event without the Knowledge and permission of the MOD, and in the event of any problem I and I alone would be accountable.

One of my opposite numbers up near Bradford, who was a Solicitor in real life did the same thing, in fact he helped me with the wording for the form.
                  All this tosh came about because one of the management had been in real life a Health and Safety Manager for a Local council. When he was made redundant and set up on his own, he came up with all this carp. Then as a solution offered his services (at a cost) in order to get the required certificates.

When I get into my loft I plan to dig out some of our old photo's for scanning. I will post them up.

Some of the things we got up to although they looked dangerous, were so carefully controlled the only injuries anyone ever got was a sprain from jumping of a Bunk Bed back at an old Farmhouse we used to use as a base.

Regards for now, Handy.
                  Last edited by Handyman; 18 August 2011, 22:04. Reason: Addition

Comment

Well what a Carp Day weather wise.
                    The light was a bit flat where I am but, on the way back from the Post Office, I managed to get a few more snaps which I've just uploaded.

I got so much red tape thrown at me over Staff Numbers, Qualifications and Permissions that in the end I had a load of forms printed that said I took personal responsibility for everything, I had organised the event without the Knowledge and permission of the MOD, and in the event of any problem I and I alone would be accountable.
                    Were the sheets of paper on which they were printed a bit less than A5, quite thin and marked with the word "IZAL" at the top and bottom?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                      Were the sheets of paper on which they were printed a bit less than A5, quite thin and marked with the word "IZAL" at the top and bottom?
                      Not quite, but that's how I treated them.

When I started I could by using the old boys network get all the approval including the financial pittance towards the cost approved within a week. I was always getting told that it would take month to six weeks and not to do it again.

My excuse was well this opportunity has just come along and if we don't take advantage now we will lose it.

By the time I finished it was taking 6 months to get approval to do something like a stewarding job for a charity sponsored walk.

I think today's youngsters, (the ones who can be bothered to put their Iplayers down and get off their backsides) are losing out so much because of Jobworths, Compensation Culture and Political Correctness.

See you made me get on my soapbox again

Regards, Handy.

Comment

Hi Handy,

No probs about the soapbox. I am sure many of us feel the same way. I was reading an article in Mrs G's comic (The Daily Express) the other day saying that the citizens of Britain had become the most regulated and oppressed people in the Western style democracies. I seem to remember that Conman Cameron promised to do away with all of this during his election campaign. As usual NOTHING has been done.

regards
                        Garlok

Comment

Garlok,

arrrh, but what he meant was do away with consumer debt advice, scale down the CAB, get rid of legal aid for debt etc.

As handy says the exact opposite.
                          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 19 August 2011, 08:14.

Comment

Yep you're right mate.

regards
                            Garlok

Comment

Glad to know someone else remembers LSD before it became an illegal substance. (best explain for the youngsters £SD, Pounds, Shillings and Pence). The days when you got your weeks wage in Cash in a Brown envelope, that wasn't a bung. It was up to you then how you spent it.

Regards all, Handy
                              I remember that way back in the 80's only it wasn't LSD (I'm a baby born after decimilisation ).......Best way to budget ever....Now even my benefits are fortnightly...how anyone manages their benefit money (some I know get it 4 weekly).....without either a fat notebook or a spreadsheet aI have no idea!!!;....Probably why half the nation's welfare budget is spent in a pub or a bookies...and then the rest of the month folk are begging and leeching off the charities for handouts.

Not quite, but that's how I treated them.

When I started I could by using the old boys network get all the approval including the financial pittance towards the cost approved within a week. I was always getting told that it would take month to six weeks and not to do it again.

My excuse was well this opportunity has just come along and if we don't take advantage now we will lose it.

By the time I finished it was taking 6 months to get approval to do something like a stewarding job for a charity sponsored walk.

I think today's youngsters, (the ones who can be bothered to put their Iplayers down and get off their backsides) are losing out so much because of Jobworths, Compensation Culture and Political Correctness.

See you made me get on my soapbox again

Regards, Handy.
                              Makes me glad I was a 70's babe...just before all this stupid stuff came in...Blimey I can't even work with kids right now my disclosure is so bad not due to any fault of my own

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                              Hi Handy,

No probs about the soapbox. I am sure many of us feel the same way. I was reading an article in Mrs G's comic (The Daily Express) the other day saying that the citizens of Britain had become the most regulated and oppressed people in the Western style democracies. I seem to remember that Conman Cameron promised to do away with all of this during his election campaign. As usual NOTHING has been done.

regards
                              Garlok

So true

SC

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                                Garlok,

arrrh, but what he meant was do away with consumer debt advice, scale down the CAB, get rid of legal aid for debt etc.
                                And, no doubt, push through the Commencement Orders for parts 3, 4 and 5 of the damnable Tribunals Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 (link) which would give DCAs and bailiffs carte blanche to do pretty much as they pleased.

Not even Gordon the moron was daft/courageous enough to start those abuses of established law.

Those parts of that Act should be repealed AT ONCE.

As handy says the exact opposite.
                                Because Cameron had been educated at Eton, it was probably very much easier for the Swivel Service to corrupt him.

Comment

Working...
                                X