GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED -Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman.

Sounds awful Handy

Hugs

SC

Comment

Hi Handy

Perhaps look at it another way, which is to completely put all of the medical analysis, emotion, and approach it from the angle of looking at the character involved who ill be carrying out the treatment.

Conventional treatment or alternative treatment would you put your trust in an individual who:

1) Has been struck off
      2) Has been in court for allegedly killing a patient
      3) Has been in court for alleged fraud
      4) Has no reliable sources of success or recommendation (you can put anything on your own website!)

Your friend is in the fortunate position to have access to the best possible private medical treatment in the world.

She sounds like a sensible person, who has made sensible decisions in the past (divorcing a violent husband), I would be urging her to fall back on this common sense and look at a decision with that analytical mind.

Perhaps she could raise this treatment method with the Harley Street doctors and see if any of them are prepared to carry this treatment out themselves?

That may give her all the indications she needs?

Best

SnV
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Handy agree with Cloggy, Garlok and S'n'V
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi everyone.
          Thanks for your help and suggestions, it is a great aid to be able to offer a problem and to get concise impartial advice.

I have used some of the points you made in a document of my findings along with the relevant links to sources of information relevant to this treatment and it's Practitioner ( Charlatan).

It's now in the hands of her elder brother, himself a bright intelligent chap who the boss hopes will be able to get her to reconsider.

What is it they say about taking a Horse to Water?

Once more thank you to all who have assisted and commented if only to offer support. Luckily I'm not the one who needs it this time. Needless to say I won't be taking up any B1carb cures unless it's for a hang over, now where did I put those Alkaseltzers.

Regards, Handy
          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
          Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            What is it they say about taking a Horse to Water?
            One has to 'brick' its goolies to make it drink?

Comment

oh dear god...i'd forgotten about the "son of god"!

http://www.davidicke.com/

Comment

Another possible cause for concern is whether the b1 carb and the ascorbic acid would be injected into the same site, using the same needle. If they are administered together, the patient should ensure that his/her will is up to date before embarking on such a damn fool therapy, because one of the reaction products will be car bon di oxide and bubbles of any gas in the blood are generally not a desired outcome. Should a gas bubble reach the heart, it could prove to be seriously and permanently fatal.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  Another possible cause for concern is whether the b1 carb and the ascorbic acid would be injected into the same site, using the same needle. If they are administered together, the patient should ensure that his/her will is up to date before embarking on such a damn fool therapy, because one of the reaction products will be car bon di oxide and bubbles of any gas in the blood are generally not a desired outcome. Should a gas bubble reach the heart, it could prove to be seriously and permanently fatal.
                  Firstly the other members of her Family have now seen the results of my Internet Trawl, which is far more extensive than anything they have done.

If my understanding is correct this is how it works, you first go to Roma to see the Quack. One account of these meetings say's that after the Charming and Plausible Dr (ex) had finished talking about himself and what he had done. Looked at the latest blood test results the patient had brought with him and told him that his American Doctors had got it wrong and that he had a different type of Canker.

At this point the chap got up and left as he had been diagnosed by X Ray, Scan and two of the top Oncologists in the States.

If you decide to go ahead with the treatment, you have to go to a clinic in Belgrade to be fitted with a Catheter direct into the centre of the tumour. To this is attached a vent. Then its back to Rome to collect a Portable Transfuser of the sort given for patients requiring portable pain relief.

There you are instructed in it's use and are given the B1 carb Vit C mixture to self administer.

In one case a patients Bowel Ruptured and in another he caused a Fatal Haematoma.

I think its fair to say that if you are pumping this crap yourself then he can walk away full of excuses saying, well they did it wrong!

Well as I have said to Her Family short of providing her with the information, what she does is her own free choice.

The only other option would by to get her sectioned and that is never going to happen.

I could understand this if she had exhausted all the conventional treatments, but apart from the original lumpectomy she has refused all Chemo and Radio Therapy.

Regards, Handy
                  Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Flippin Heck, It's not Half cold here this morning. The Poor Cherub on the fountain has a jacket of ice. (note to self) I must try and get a photograph.

For the Gardeners out there. When replacing the recoil spring on a petrol strimmer don't be a tight wad and try to put the old spring back I spent 3 hours in the shed yesterday afternoon trying to rewind one. By the time I had finished (threw in the towel) my fingers were cut to shreds.

The new one cost less than a fiver and came in a plastic cassette which just pops in, a push with a screwdriver and it's fitted.
                    Less than 10 minutes to complete.

Sometimes being a Yorkshire Scot is a curse.

Comment

Moving away from matters of a medical kind. I believe I managed to foil a little bit of Rural Crime at the weekend.

On Hooray lane there is a little strip of land. It is overgrown with brambles and scrub and is the home of half the local Fox and Badger population. It is known locally as the old scrap yard. The chap who used to rent the land from his brother the owner was closed down the year before we moved here, for running an unlicensed scrap yard. For the first year or two we got regular fly tipping in the gate way.

Now if the tipping occurs on or by a public highway the local council is responsible for cleaning up. If it happens on private land it is the land owners responsibility. If he does not clean it up then the Local council and the Environment Agency can take him to court and enforce the clean up. This is both long winded and expensive to the land owner.

Around 3 years ago we went through all of this when someone left a Bulk Tipper load of Farm, Household and Building waste on the old Scrap Yard.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flytip 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	1385378

Name:	Flytip 3.jpg
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	1385380

On last Saturday night around 10:30 I was walking the dogs in Hooray woods when I heard an engine stop and car doors bang. From my vantage point I could see 2 torches In the next field over by the old Scrap Yard. Then I heard the gates open and when I put my torch on (1000 mtr beam) I saw a trailer being driven in.

A fast call to the local nick was made and surprisingly around 25 minutes later a young copper turned up. He apologised for it taking so long to respond as they had been dealing with 2 cases of Drunk and Disorderly in town that night. We Have @ 10 Police to cover 200 SQ miles in our area at night.

He asked me if I had approached the people, I laughed and told him the last time I did that without calling plod first I was eating through a straw for a week

Anyway when we inspected the place the gates had been opened. The perpetrators obviously have a key for the security padlock but it looks like we took delivery of around a dozen old refrigerators.

The young plod said I must have disturbed them with my torch.
                      (Next time it may have telescopic sights on )

They had better bring bolt cutters next time. Its amazing what industrial grade super glue will do to a padlock

Not surprising this happens so much now, what with landfill tax on each skip, and the local dump it site only operating part time and local residents restricted to only 6 visits per month.

The politics of the asylum in a green world

Regards all, Handy

Comment

Hi all, Am I getting Boring? someone I know thinks I am on my soapbox. Well I suppose I am. Sign of old age that I have to take out my frustration on the keyboard? well I suppose so.

I think that a lot of the things that have happened to Handy (and are still happening) also happen to a lot of other folk out there in the real world.

My Army Shrink said I had a John Wayne Complex. I always had to play the Sheriff even if I was in the wrong (which I never am )

I suppose I do this because now we live in the sticks and sometimes never see another solitary soul (apart from HL) for day's on end I look on my writing as some sort of release. (Sound sad don't I).

I'm not really just that odd things happen to me. Like when I was involved in Leisure Catering (that's renting pool tables, juke boxes and trivia machines to pubs) I discovered that 8 out of a staff of 10 were on the fiddle. Guess who got to sort it out. Offices and cars bugged, and then I got the job of firing them all. Even when I was on the Estate in Scotland, I had only been there a week and tripped over a fiddle involving double invoicing. That was the reason for us ending up unemployed and homeless and eventually having to use UE to get the DCA's of our backs.

So I guess to some my stories seem a little far fetched, a lot of these things have happened to others (once maybe) but to me often.

I wish I lived nearer the Limestone, I could take up Potholing again, now there is an outlet for an over abundance of adrenalin
                        (good cure for depression as well - when you get back to the daylight your so glad, you forget what was p'ing you off).

Name:	P8 1.jpg
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	1385390

Regards all, Handy

Comment

Good Evening all. Handy is on a more positive note tonight. After reading my last post I know I was really on a downer.

Do you think it's getting colder

Name:	Ice Fountain Upload 4.jpg
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	1385400

Look at the state of my poor old Cherub now. I had a little painting to do today, the water in the shed was frozen, so were the paintbrushes and roller I had left drying yesterday and when I opened the tin of distemper it to has solidified.

The pipes in the barn conversion had joined the club. I did manage to get them thawed by the end of the day and drain the system to prevent further problems.

Finally Lady Hooray managed to get some information on her daughter, she has been refusing to take any of her calls. It turns out against all advice she flew out to Serbia this morning to be operated on this afternoon. The Serb Surgeon who she has never met is going to remove the tumour, fit her with a vent to self administer the B1 carb and then she can fly home on her own on Monday.

The cost 20K to see the Roman Quack (she went there and back in a day) and that's just for an interview, no tests, scans or X Rays.
                          And a further 10K for this Serb who apparently can do what no UK Surgeon can do.

Talk about a Stiff upper lip. This is what happens when generation after generation of upper middle class pass their children straight to a nanny, then as soon as they are potty trained send them away to boarding school. Hardly any of these sort of folk I know have what I would call close family ties.

I told Her Ladyship, at least there is still a chance for conventional treatment is she realises soon enough that this treatment doesn't work.

Personally I think that as well as sealing her own fate, when she gets home the British Health System will have to sort out the mess.

A week ago I didn't know of this chap in Roma. Stories like this were something I read about in Readers Digest or watched on World in action or such.

Well now I have someone besides Phill My Pockets (Clever knows who I mean) to keep a watch on.

Can anyone suggest a good site where I can spread the good word on Charlatans and Con Men? As I really think I should take my soapbox elsewhere as I don't want to detract from the ethos of AAD.

Besides some folk deserve a wider audience
                          As I am not up to the techie level on the interwobble as some folk directions to a site where I may learn to protect myself better would be appreciated.

Me Anarchic, Never.

Regards, Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Can anyone suggest a good site where I can spread the good word on Charlatans and Con Men? As I really think I should take my soapbox elsewhere as I don't want to detract from the ethos of AAD.
                            Bad science forums - link - though its mods idolise its creator. This thread - link - may be appropriate.

JREF Forum - link - more international, but probably less busy.
                            Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 4 February 2012, 20:27.

Comment

Hi Clever thanks for the links. I will put up an enquiry or 2 tomorrow.

Hi all, I hope you don't have too much Snow. Down here a the Hall it's got a whole top coat warmer and it's raining buckets. Looks like I will have to find some more indoor work next week (shame)

Regards all

Comment

Handy,

Reading your witty posts late at night is fast becoming my guilty pleasure

Comment

Working...
                                X