GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED - London Olympics - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED - London Olympics

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLOSED - London Olympics

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18994581

Is this the start of things to come..........
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: London Olympics

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18994581

Is this the start of things to come..........
    They probably employed the same muppet who played Borats version of the Kazakhstan national anthem at the shooting competition in Kuwait.

This is what happens when you join the google/wikipedia generation!
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So funny - what a brilliant start - London Olympics my arse

How could you actually tell that those NK were upset, they always look like that

Comment

What a surprise.... erm not!
        "Going against what someone wants you to do is not always disrespect, sometimes it is just self-preservation!" ...Jennifer O'

Comment

Titan. Are you feeling better after your horrid lumbar puncture What a rotten way to spend your birthday

Comment

Doping, a new Olympic sport

How to disguise that you have been taking tablets, capsules and pills

Click image for larger version

Name:	tablets, capsules and pills.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	1390272
            So far nine track and field athletes have been suspended for doping offences ahead of the London 2012, gold standard, Olympics games.

Among them are three who were caught in re-tests of samples from last year's world championships.

Comment

“gold”, “silver” and London 2012.

Marketing innovators who plan to ambush the London 2012 Games have been placed on notice by The Olympic Delivery Authority from today as hundreds of 'brand police' begin to protect sponsors’ exclusivity rights to the sporting event.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	2012 olympic gold.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	1390274
              Because of a law passed by Parliament, companies can be barred from using words and phrases such as “gold”, “silver” and London 2012.

Olympic boss downplays brand police role | News | Marketing Week

House of Commons Public Bill Committee : Defamation Bill (26 June 2012)

Pepsi or Coke? Olympic brand rules sow confusion - UK news

Is this really a Unity of the Olympics? or who can sponsor the most for advertising Rights?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                Titan. Are you feeling better after your horrid lumbar puncture What a rotten way to spend your birthday
                Hey, still off work. Headaches are subsiding but I am sooo bored as lying flat is the only way to relive it. Good news though that there are no nasty ailments but still none the wiser as to why I can't see properly. More visual tests next week and hopefully some definitive answers and a plan of action going forward.

Thanks for asking though, appreciate it
                "Going against what someone wants you to do is not always disrespect, sometimes it is just self-preservation!" ...Jennifer O'

Comment

This is just getting so silly
                  LINK Newsagent fights Games banner ban - AOL Money UK

London Newsagent ordered to take down banners.

Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                  Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

What a load of completely over-pomped shyte the opening ceremony is.....

They should have gone to Beijing for advice!
                    Remember the mantra:
                    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Originally posted by Titan121 View Post
                      Hey, still off work. Headaches are subsiding but I am sooo bored as lying flat is the only way to relive it. Good news though that there are no nasty ailments but still none the wiser as to why I can't see properly. More visual tests next week and hopefully some definitive answers and a plan of action going forward.

Thanks for asking though, appreciate it
                      Read you other thread as well. Had a lumbar myself - didnt affect me but everyone is different.

Assume you have had a CT or MRI ?

Comment

I was all teared-up when Great Ormond Street Hospital came on

Danny Boyle made us all aware of the unacceptable plight of kids in India with Oscar winning *Slumdog Millionaire*. Tonight he's gone to the next level. Everyone (7,500) participating in this ceremony at grassroots level is a volunteer and he has lightened up the lives of these ordinary people.

I'm getting texts and emails from mates and work colleagues all over the world to say GB rocks We cetainly do - and with a massive sense of humour too (Mr Bean I've always loved you!)

Go Danny Go

Comment

Wowza, is this really true (I'm on BBC 1) that GB invented the World Wide Web in which case AAD probably owes this guy a debt. Me too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee

Comment

I have to say sceptic though I am the lighting of the Olympic Cauldron was a shear work of Art, to follow it by a song from Macca is shear brilliance. Almost make me patriotic. Rest of the world try and top that if you can

Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                            Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Sorry your gonna hate me.. but passing it to the kids to light really??/ Surely we had someone famous lol

Comment

Working...
                              X