GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Payday lenders face new guidelines - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Payday lenders face new guidelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payday lenders face new guidelines

Payday lenders face new guidelines

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 30th January 2012 18:26.

Payday lenders are facing a barrage of new guidelines to adhere to as both the Finance and Leasing Association and the Consumer Finance Association...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Payday lenders face new guidelines

Payday lenders' new code in place

A new payday lenders' code of practice designed to give more protection to those in financial difficulty should now be fully in place. A deadline has been reached for lenders to ensure they keep to the minimum standards included in the code....Read more at AAD Blog pages
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Payday lenders face new guidelines

This is a little confusing though:

"The other three trade bodies that agreed to the new charter are the BCCA, a trade association for lenders offering short-term loans, the Consumer Credit Trade Association and the Finance and Leasing Association.

The code is voluntary, and any lender breaking the rules would be told to change the way it worked or face expulsion from their association."

Does the company have to be a member of one or other of the trade bodies to hold a credit licence? If no then being booted out of the association would make no difference, the average punter who uses these companies doesn't bother to look to see if they are a member of any trade body, they just want the money and do not see further than the cash.

Comment

Working...
      X