GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Kodak Bankrupt :( - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kodak Bankrupt :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kodak Bankrupt

There downfall was that they where the first to bring out a digital camera, but due to them thinking that would be the death nail of 35mm kept it in the closet.

Fools if you ask me
    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 21 January 2012, 20:20.

Comment

Agree, but I find it sad as they have things named after them and were a brand of my childhood!

Comment

Can't believe he's gone bankrupt...
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Possibly a bit brutal, but that is business in the world we live in. You either adapt to changes and new consumer needs, or go out of business.

Comment

Having said that they did realise that printer cartridges are way to expensive and brought out printers with cheaper refills had they invested a bit more on the design of those printers that could have saved them.

Many consumers did not adapt to this purely because they did not like the look of the printers had they been more appealing it could have been different

Comment

Latest update:

Apple claims Patents on Kidak.........Kodak
              Apple claims ownership in key Kodak patents on digital camera technology | The Verge
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Bye Bye
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                  Latest update:

Apple claims ownership in key Kodak patents on digital camera technology | The Verge
                  Nice Apple, lay the boot in some more why don't you
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                    Latest update:

double ouch...sad to see though some of my earliest childhood memories involved kodak stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Bye Bye
                      This may sound harsh but lets not forget all these mega-companies that are now folding have (for many a year) enjoyed total dominance in the market and put plenty of smaller retailers out of jobs and lets not even discuss their annual bonus'.

I actually prefer lots of smaller firms than one big firm. However for obvious reasons it's currently cheaper to go to the likes of Tesco et al, but if there was no Tesco, then what?

Worth pondering - childhood memories consisted of Gateway, CoOp, Spar, Presto & Safeway.....

Comment

Niddy,

Kodak was a company that failed to keep pace with technology, and thus this is what happens.

Loved Kodak in it's early days, but the latter years there products have been shite.

Comment

exactly......they did try to keep up but always outpriced themselves

even the kodak die hards started to jump ship eventually

Comment

Sad to see another household name go. When I did serious photography only Kodak professional film would do. I remember hearing maybe 2 years ago that they were pulling out of traditional film and photographic processing in favour of Digital technology.

Looks like they left it too late as their range of Cameras and Printers were never going to be good enough to compete.

Regards, Handy
                            Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                            Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

ohh I wonder......if i dig my old kodak kit out of mums loft one day it'll be a museum piece?

Comment

Working...
                              X