GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script OFT finds three debt businesses unfit and excludes a solicitor from undertaking licensable activitie - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFT finds three debt businesses unfit and excludes a solicitor from undertaking licensable activitie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFT finds three debt businesses unfit and excludes a solicitor from undertaking licensable activitie

OFT finds three debt businesses unfit and excludes a solicitor from undertaking licensable activitie

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 5th February 2014 12:27.

The OFT has refused to renew the consumer credit licences of debt purchaser *HFO Capita*l, and two associated debt collectors, *HFO Services Limited*...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: OFT finds three debt businesses unfit and excludes a solicitor from undertaking licensable activ

Seems like the OFT is putting its dentures back in

Comment

Re: OFT finds three debt businesses unfit and excludes a solicitor from undertaking licensable activ

at my old firm we won loads of cases against these lot:

HFO v Robinson
      HFO v Smith
      HFO v Wegmuller

to name just 3. we were well into double figures with them. The default notices they relied on were shocking.

Comment

HFO v Wegmuller is an AAD referral victory
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          HFO v Wegmuller is an AAD referral victory
          Read all about it including the judgment here:

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/e...land-Wegmuller

Comment

CPUTR; misleading and misrepresentation..... Good on ya OFT!
            Remember the mantra:
            NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
            Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
            Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Roxburghe to appeal OFT credit licence decision - Read more HERE at AAD Blog page
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                Roxburghe to appeal OFT credit licence decision
                Do you think the OFT will use their new powers (since Feb 2013) to suspend Roxburghe while waiting for the outcome of the appeal which takes months and months to conclude? And since the FCA takes over regulation of creditors and DCAs from 1st April who will actually decide the outcome of this? I hope it's the FCA because they'll not stand for any nonsense from these rogues.

Comment

You would think these idiots would know the writing is on the wall.

For a toothless OFT to act you would think there is some pretty damming evidence. Just hope they stick to the initial decision. But if they dont you have to think the company will be marked by the new regulator for special measures.

The fact they say the OFT hasnt been round to see how wonderful they are. Perhaps a string of consumer complaints and how about some mystery shoppers of their telephone behaviour. These behaviours dont need a visit to check up on

Gravy train is pulling out of the station for some of these companies. The FCA/MAS in parliament yesterday said they expected 30% of the firms in the credit industry to leave shortly. Either voluntarily or forced.

Comment

Working...
                  X