GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bank of Ireland UK customers could see mortgage costs triple - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bank of Ireland UK customers could see mortgage costs triple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank of Ireland UK customers could see mortgage costs triple

Bank of Ireland UK customers could see mortgage costs triple

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 1st March 2013 11:17.

Thousands will see monthly increase as terms of base rate tracker deals are changed, due to 'special condition' Thousands of Bank of Ireland and...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Bank of Ireland UK customers could see mortgage costs triple

Now had a letter from Bank of Ireland (ex Bristol & West ) Mortgage, increase in Interest rates from May quote:-

From 1st May 2013 the new differential will be 2.49% meaning the new total interest rate including Bank of England's Base Rate (currently 0.50%) will be 2.00%.

From 1st October 2013 the new differential rate will be 3.99% meaning a new total interest rate including the bank of England Base Rate (currently 0.50%)will be 4.49%.

Why are they doing this:- Currently, banks are required to hold more capital reserves, as part of measures to protect the banking system from the type of scenarios during the banking crisis (they brought on) in addition, the cost of funding mortgages has increased significantly for Bank of Ireland and the market as a whole in recent years.

option 1. review you mortgage options we have a range of customer mortgages that you can consider, you may wish to remortgage to another lender, If you have sub accounts that have Early Repayment Charges we waive these.

Oh! Yes the Torys are in government!

Am guessing mine will be an extra £50.00 a month? estimated.

The greedy Bastards.

Commented and reported on in my general debts matter thread. Mine will shoot right up by October.

Also sent copy of the letter days ago to MP for comment = No Response as such yet!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Bank of Ireland: Andrew Tyrie writes to FSA over rate rise

-----> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21720212
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Post Office drawn into rates row after its financial partner Bank of Ireland hikes mortgage payments

The Post Office will face criticism today in the wake of the decision by its financial partner, Bank of Ireland, to double the rate of thousands of mortgage borrowers to 4.49 per cent. The increases apply to Bank of Ireland customers, not borrowers under the Post Office brand. But they have sparked a furious reaction, including demands from Andrew Tyrie, chairman of the Commons Treasury Committee, that the Financial Services Authority explains why it has permitted the increase. A critical response is due today from the FSA, which is likely to embarrass the Post Office over its links to the Irish lender.....Read more here

Comment

Working...
        X