GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script The Big Switch: Households offered chance to 'group buy' cheap gas and electricity by Which? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Big Switch: Households offered chance to 'group buy' cheap gas and electricity by Which?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Switch: Households offered chance to 'group buy' cheap gas and electricity by Which?

The Big Switch: Households offered chance to 'group buy' cheap gas and electricity by Which?

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 7th February 2012 18:47.

Consumers who are fed up with paying through the nose for gas and electricity are being offered the chance to 'group buy' cheap energy by clubbing...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: The Big Switch: Households offered chance to 'group buy' cheap gas and electricity by Which?

Update:

Big Switch campaign: Sign up and tame the energy giants

More than 107,000 people have signed up to a campaign aimed at squeezing a cut-price tariff from a leading energy company. The Big Switch, launched 12 days ago by consumer group Which?, is the first attempt in this country to win a better deal through people power, though the idea was tested successfully by the Dutch equivalent of Which? last year. The lobby group plans to stage a reverse auction among suppliers tempted by the prospect of a surge of new customers.....Read more here--: Big Switch campaign: Sign up and tame the energy giants

Bigswitch Linky: Join The Big Switch to help cut your energy bills | Which?

38 Degrees Linky: 38 Degrees | JOIN THE BIG SWITCH
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: The Big Switch: Households offered chance to 'group buy' cheap gas and electricity by Which?

Energy bills, the all-advert radio station, using credit cards on foreign websites

Energy bill confusion. Consumer Focus say too many consumers don't trust their supplier. BBC Radio 4 @12.00 20/02/12 LINKY
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

SSE, Ovo and Utilita turn their backs on Big Switch campaign by Which?

Energy providers SSE, Ovo and pre-pay meter provider Utilita have confirmed they will not bid for the business being offered by Which? through its reverse auction The Big Switch. Which? is aiming to win a good electricity and gas deal for the 220,000 consumers who have signed up. It is negotiating with energy firms and the winning suppliers will be announced next month. But Which? admits it is possible that it may not be able to secure a deal. The campaign has so far cost Which? £570,000. It hopes to cover this by charging a fee to the winning firms for the extra business they acquire. Mark Todd at the comparison website energyhelpline.com has warned that consumers could face problems with the switch.......Read more here--: SSE, Ovo and Utilita turn their backs on Big Switch campaign by Which?

Comment

E.ON is first major energy firm to join the Which? Big Switch but warns, 'don't expect a deep discount'

E.ON has become the first of the Big Six energy suppliers to confirmed that it will compete in the auction for 250,000 customers as part of Which?'s Big Switch – but says it won’t be 'deep discounting' in order to win. The energy firm said that if it was to win the auction then it will make the tariff available to its 4.8million residential customers, including those on fixed tariffs. Its announcement follows Big Six rivals British Gas and Scottish and Southern Energy saying they would not join the mass energy bill switching project. EDF, npower and Scottish Power have not said whether they will join yet.....Read more here--: E.ON to join the Which? Big Switch but don't expect a discount

Comment

Energy firms to 'guarantee best deal' on tariffs

Energy companies will be required to let customers know what their best deal is, in a move which ministers say could save households up to £100 a year. Firms will be obliged to tell people about the most suitable tariff for them and to offer it if they request it. Announcing the move, Deputy PM Nick Clegg said seven out of 10 people have the wrong deal and pay too much. Labour have accused energy firms of "ripping off" people and said there must be more competition in the market. Under the deal, British Gas, E.On, NPower, Scottish and Southern Energy, EDF and Scottish Power will contact their customers once a year to tell them what the best tariff is for them, and how to get it. They will also contact customers coming to the end of a fixed-term contract with the same advice....Read more here--: Energy firms to on tariffs

Comment

EDF Energy joins Which? Big Switch auction for 280,000 customers, but won't offer an exclusive cut-price deal

EDF Energy is the latest supplier to confirm it will compete for 280,000 energy customers as part of the Which? Big Switch. The 'reverse auction' - where energy firms will compete for the customers - is set to take place on 9 May. Last month E.ON announced that it will bid for cash and cheque customers and will also make the tariff, if its bid is successful, available to all its customers.....Read more here--: EDF Energy joins Which? Big Switch auction for 280,000 customers

Comment

Which? faces criticism over cheap energy deal

Gas and electricity prices secured by consumer group may not be cheapest on offer, and are available only to limited number.

Almost 300,000 people who thought they were signing up to the cheapest gas and electricity through the UK's first collective bargaining for energy may find they are not being offered the best deals available. The Big Switch, organised by the consumer group Which?, had promised to use collective bargaining power to negotiate the most competitive energy prices. The auction was won by Co-operative Energy, but comparison sites have warned that the deals may not be the cheapest for all customers.
                The uSwitch website said a variable dual-fuel deal from First Utility would be an average of £21 cheaper than the fixed-rate deal offered by the Co-op, and £117 a year cheaper than the Co-op's variable-rate deal. Mark Todd of the energy switching website Energy Helpline said: "It's a very difficult thing to pull off – I'm not surprised it's turned into a shambles.

"The only way it can really work is by sacrificing commission, so the cheapest deal becomes cheaper. But Which? hasn't done that." A Which? spokeswoman said First Utility's iSave Dual Fuel V10 deal did not meet the criteria it had set for the auction. Which? is also likely to have angered potential customers by failing to tell them that the number allowed to switch to the winning deals might be limited. Only 30,000 of the 285,000 people who signed up will be allowed to switch to Co-operative Energy....Read more here: Which? faces criticism over cheap energy deal | Money | guardian.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X