GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script iPhone 4 vs iPhone 4S - MIxed Bag - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iPhone 4 vs iPhone 4S - MIxed Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 4 vs iPhone 4S - MIxed Bag

Apple's share price dropped 5pc as Wall Street analysts and investors were left underwhelmed by the technology company's launch of its new iPhone. Comparing the new product with its predecessor.

iPhone 4
    Size (height, width, depth) 4.5 inches, 2.31 inches, 0.37 inches
    Screen 3.5 inches diagonal, 960x640 pixels
    Weight 4.8 ounces
    Storage 16GB or 32GB
    Processor Apple A4
    Camera five-megapixel, 720p HD video

iPhone 4S Size identical
    Screen identical
    Weight 4.9 ounces
    Storage 16GB, 32GB or 64GB
    Processor Apple A5
    Camera eight-megapixel, 1080p HD video
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: iPhone 4 vs iPhone 4S - MIxed Bag

When will the iPhone 5 come out? Should I wait rather than get an iPhone 4S?

When is the new iPhone 5 coming out? And should I wait for it? I was disappointed when the latest handset, the iPhone 4S, came out earlier this month and I don't want to lock into a contract only to find a new iPhone comes out that I want.
    Tara Evans from This is Money said: When Apple’s CEO Tim Cook launched the iPhone 4S earlier this month many tech fans were left disappointed with a new handset that looked identical to the last one. Obviously it has the added advantage of a new operating system, a souped-up camera with 8 mega pixels and the addition of personal assistant Siri, but many customers want to know if it’s worth the wait. Apple are not noriously secretive when it comes to the launch of new products, but we’ve asked a selection of ‘tech experts’ when they think the iPhone 5 might come out.

Gregory Roekens, chief technology officer at marketing agency Wunderman, said:
    Some of our readers have asked us when we are likely to see the next version of the iPhone. A first guestimate tells me it won’t take as long as it took for iPhone 4S....Read more here---> When will the iPhone 5 come out? Should I wait? | This is Money
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I love my iPhone 4s

Comment

I have the normal 4 - but have available upgrades within Vodafone and have decided to wait until March for the iPhone 5 - they always start with the basic model then soop it up to the "S" upgrade prior to bringing out the new one, usually 6-9 months later so rest assured iPhone 5 will be here by next summer and boy will it be rock-n-rolling!

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          I have the normal 4 - but have available upgrades within Vodafone and have decided to wait until March for the iPhone 5 - they always start with the basic model then soop it up to the "S" upgrade prior to bringing out the new one, usually 6-9 months later so rest assured iPhone 5 will be here by next summer and boy will it be rock-n-rolling!

thats whats ive done with mine, waiting till then Due upgrade May 2012 still on 3g lol

Comment

Apple: New iPhone Batteries Drained By Bug

Apple has confessed "a few bugs" in its newest operating system are shortening the battery life of the latest iPhone.

The company made the admission after thousands of customers complained online about their devices' poor battery life. But a software update fixing the problems with the iOS 5 operating system used to run the iPhone 4S will not be released for several weeks. Some iPhone 4S users complained online that their battery was draining within half a day, while others said they could see power running out at a rate of up to 20% an hour. Apple claimed the problem was within the iOS 5 operating system that ran on the....Read more here--> Apple: iPhone 4S Battery Life Drained By iOS 5 Operating System Bug, Company To Update Software | Technology | Sky News

Comment

New 'Waterproofing' Spray Launched In US

Scientists have created a silicone-based spray that makes phones waterproof, clothes completely stain-proof and window-cleaning a chore of the past.

The NeverWet spray repels water and oil so strongly that it keeps materials totally dry when they are immersed in liquid. An iPhone that had been coated with the product still worked while submerged in a bucket of water for 30 minutes, according to the spray's manufacturers Ross Nanotechnology. Fruit juice, sauce and other liquids simply slide off clothes and shoes that have been protected with the spray.

"Water and heavy oils will just shoot off of it - chocolate, ketchup, mustard, that sort of thing," researcher Andy Jones told the Pennsylvania newspaper Lancaster Online. And glass that has had the spray applied becomes so slippery to dirt that it washes off in the next rain shower...Read more here---> Waterproof Spray: NeverWet Spray Created By US Company Can Make Clothes Stain-Proof

(Intriguing as how the water doesn't get inside the phone via the charge point (iphone, and well as many)....No more excuses dropping it in the Loo.......!)

Comment

Working...
              X