GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Beware DMP - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beware DMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware DMP

Excellent new guidance today from the OFT, highlighting some of the shoddy practice which goes on by companies holding consumer credit licences. Some frightening stories and it really highlights the benefits of a provider you totally trust.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/bus.../oft366rev.pdf

Re: BEWARE DMP Providers

The section on Creditor's Responsibilities is interesting as well.

Reinforces the previous guidance where creditors should not refuse to negotiate with DMP providers, bypass them, or refuse payments etc.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It's a good read. Didn't feel like 96 pages to me! I also like the part which states they expect companies to abide by the spirit of the guidance as well as the letter of it. The 'spirit' of it is pretty clear to me.

Incidentally, am I right in thinking ALL 09 telephone numbers charge extortionate rates?

Comment

Probably.

I know ofcom where consulting and jiggling about the number allocations for different service types a few years back.

I don't recall even seeing a 09 number apart from when I accidentally get the wrong Sky channel.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just wondering where a well known owner of a bailiff site who posts across the road will stand following this guidance. £10 for one question answered seems a good little earner too.

Comment

Never quite worked out what the advice their falls under. Then again, not thought that much to look.

May have to have a dig.

Comment

Got to be at least Cat E surely?

Comment

0906 = between 25p and £1.50 per minute.

No CCL held for the domain name.

Is this being naughty?

Comment

What are you searching exactly?

The online CCA search is a pile of pants to be honest. It frequently fails to show up things that ir should.

For example, Enter "Lowell" as either organisation name or trading name, and it comes back as "no results".

Much as I would like that to be true , Lowell current do have a valid CCL.

The only reasonably reliable search seems to be by license or company number. Find that out first and enter that, and entries that other searches didn't flag up suddenly appear.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                    Just wondering where a well known owner of a bailiff site who posts across the road will stand following this guidance. £10 for one question answered seems a good little earner too.
                    Is that that woman you're on about that used to post on mse etc and charges for instant phone help?

i.e. ---> Bailiff advice,bailiffs,parking charges,bailiff fees,congestion charges,fines,anpr,csa,council tax

* users please do not use that link - it is for reference to my question only!
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                      For example, Enter "Lowell" as either organisation name or trading name, and it comes back as "no results".
                      Because they are not called "lowell" - that's why

Try "Lowell Portfolio i Ltd" ( ---> Lowell Portfolio I Ltd | CSA UK Members List )
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yep.

They do (or did) give good advice via forums for free, so checking out their so called company details, license status etc is not something I've really looked into.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Because they are not called "lowell" - that's why

Try "Lowell Portfolio I Ltd"
                          Yep, but the point is that pretty much every other similar search would match "Lowell" against that and give a list of results that match.

Having to input the exact trading name to the letter is absolute shite, as with company names, legal entities, it's easy to not get that quite right.

Comment

Yep.

They do (or did) give good advice via forums for free, so checking out their so called company details, license status etc is not something I've really looked into.
                            I remember her, she was good when she was for free but then like most things, she probably got overwhelmed with questions so in order to prioritise she charged for minutes.

I'm sure she made a post on MSE about this and why she was charging - it may not be there now.....

Comment

Yep, but the point is that pretty much every other similar search would match "Lowell" against that and give a list of results that match.

Having to input the exact trading name to the letter is absolute shite, as with company names, legal entities, it's easy to not get that quite right.
                              The DPA register search at least gives a list of possible matches rather than a misleading "no results"

Like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20120323001.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1386106

Comment

Working...
                              X